RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z

  • Daniel Dudley
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
      Gertrude, the kids, and I are doing very well. I am in my 6th year here at
      Verde Valley School in Sedona, AZ (web site for the school is www.vvsaz.org
      that has some nice pictures). In November, I finished my 2.5 year torture
      of working on an MBA in Marketing. Gertrude is trying to work on her
      nursing degree, but the local community college has a very competitive
      program that admittance to it is entirely based on an entrance test results.
      She has some problems with the English, but is doing well in everything
      else. She is working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a rehab center for
      the elderly and seems to like it very much. If she wasn't going to classes,
      she would be able to pretty much work however many hours that she wanted.

      Wendy (my daughter) is now 7, in the second grade, and just completed her
      first season in AYSO soccer. She scored a goal in all but two games, she
      had a hat-trick, and scored 2 goals in a couple of other games. She is very
      quick, and if things work out well, could be my retirement ticket.

      Tiamike is almost 5 and also played soccer, it was not nearly as organized,
      but it was very funny to see them play. There was one little girl who if
      you were not paying attention would take off to the play ground in the
      middle of a play. He will start Kindegarten next year, finally not having
      to pay for day-care will be very nice.

      Dan Dudley 94-96

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
        This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
        HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
          yeah, spence, get down on your knees and propose the old fashion way...

          Erin

          >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
          >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z
          >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:29:49 +0000
          >
          >This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
          >HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        • John Patten
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
            Hi Richa,

            Sorry, could not find your personal email, but wanted
            to send a big thank you for sending the postcard. It's
            already on my wall and people have been asking if
            Arches National Park is in Afghanistan, because it
            kinda looks like it. You're right, mail day is just as
            exciting as in the Peace Corps, only instead of
            watching the ship roll in I get covered in dust
            straining to see if that's a mail bag in the back of a
            humvee. But here it only takes ten days with the APO
            address. I'm still waiting for Dever's package from
            Columbia.

            As my UK friends say, "Big up to you," (that's not
            dirty in any way).

            Love,
            JP

            ps- another confidential to Spence- Good luck with
            that, but with the responses sent in there are at
            least three or four jokes in there, and I'm straining
            at the bit not to be unseemly.

            http://my.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
              Pray tell, John.....

              WHat is your address. I might send some coffee your way.....

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004