Re: holiday udatesA-Z

  • reysampaga
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
      Got our vote. I understand the nightlife there compares with no other.
      (For those more protective minded, you can get machetes and AKs over
      there pretty cheap.)

      --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@h...> wrote:
      > Colombia would make a great place for a reunion.......
    • Melissa Spencer
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004

        Peace Corps Friends,  I couldn't wait for my day to update, as I also will be out of town.  I am still in Buffalo, NY and finally working in Dermatology.  I am a Physician Assistant and love it.  My office is going to Hawaii in January for a conference and staying for some extra time for pleasure.  I was recently in Aruba with my boyfriend, Mike.  I was also in Ireland with Jen Jacoby, Mandy Briggs and Ali Thorn.  We had a terrific time and the Guiness was definately involved in many mishaps.  I am hoping to buy a house soon with Mike and hoping even more that he finally proposes.  We have been dating for approximately 3 1/2 years and I'm not getting any younger and would love to start a family soon.  Keep your fingers crossed on the marriage proposal.  Christmas will be spent in Chicago with my parents.  Plus the weekend before a romantic weekend in NYC with Mike, we are going to a Duke game and Rent on Broadway.  I am finally considering buying a new car, but it is hard to give up my old faithful.  Hope everyone is doing well and has a terrific holiday season.  Keep in touch and if you are ever in the Toronto, Niagara Falls, Buffalo area look me up.  Melissa Spencer

      • Daniel Dudley
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
          Gertrude, the kids, and I are doing very well. I am in my 6th year here at
          Verde Valley School in Sedona, AZ (web site for the school is www.vvsaz.org
          that has some nice pictures). In November, I finished my 2.5 year torture
          of working on an MBA in Marketing. Gertrude is trying to work on her
          nursing degree, but the local community college has a very competitive
          program that admittance to it is entirely based on an entrance test results.
          She has some problems with the English, but is doing well in everything
          else. She is working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a rehab center for
          the elderly and seems to like it very much. If she wasn't going to classes,
          she would be able to pretty much work however many hours that she wanted.

          Wendy (my daughter) is now 7, in the second grade, and just completed her
          first season in AYSO soccer. She scored a goal in all but two games, she
          had a hat-trick, and scored 2 goals in a couple of other games. She is very
          quick, and if things work out well, could be my retirement ticket.

          Tiamike is almost 5 and also played soccer, it was not nearly as organized,
          but it was very funny to see them play. There was one little girl who if
          you were not paying attention would take off to the play ground in the
          middle of a play. He will start Kindegarten next year, finally not having
          to pay for day-care will be very nice.

          Dan Dudley 94-96

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
            This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
            HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
              yeah, spence, get down on your knees and propose the old fashion way...

              Erin

              >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
              >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z
              >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:29:49 +0000
              >
              >This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
              >HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            • John Patten
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                Hi Richa,

                Sorry, could not find your personal email, but wanted
                to send a big thank you for sending the postcard. It's
                already on my wall and people have been asking if
                Arches National Park is in Afghanistan, because it
                kinda looks like it. You're right, mail day is just as
                exciting as in the Peace Corps, only instead of
                watching the ship roll in I get covered in dust
                straining to see if that's a mail bag in the back of a
                humvee. But here it only takes ten days with the APO
                address. I'm still waiting for Dever's package from
                Columbia.

                As my UK friends say, "Big up to you," (that's not
                dirty in any way).

                Love,
                JP

                ps- another confidential to Spence- Good luck with
                that, but with the responses sent in there are at
                least three or four jokes in there, and I'm straining
                at the bit not to be unseemly.

                http://my.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
                  Pray tell, John.....

                  WHat is your address. I might send some coffee your way.....

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004