Re: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z

  • Don & Cathy Weber
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
      Cathy & I have our bags packed. Don

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
      To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 4:46 AM
      Subject: RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z

      > Colombia would make a great place for a reunion.......
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Drazek
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
        Hello from the Drazeks! I know it's not December and our name doesn't begin
        with A, but what the hell - I'm on the internet and too impatient to wait my
        turn.

        We moved from Portland, ME to Albuquerque, NM this year. We LOVE being back
        out West and are enjoying the sunshine, mountians, chili peppers etc. Phil
        is working doing flood plain mapping in New Mexico and Texas. I am busy
        raising our two girls Clara (age 4) and Ella (age 2). Someday I will go
        back to teaching, but right now the girls keep me fully occupied.

        Here is the latest photo of us hiking in the Sandia mountians which are
        located behind our house.

        Our vote for the 10 year reunion is definately Las Vegas!

        Juliet
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
          Got our vote. I understand the nightlife there compares with no other.
          (For those more protective minded, you can get machetes and AKs over
          there pretty cheap.)

          --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@h...> wrote:
          > Colombia would make a great place for a reunion.......
        • Melissa Spencer
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004

            Peace Corps Friends,  I couldn't wait for my day to update, as I also will be out of town.  I am still in Buffalo, NY and finally working in Dermatology.  I am a Physician Assistant and love it.  My office is going to Hawaii in January for a conference and staying for some extra time for pleasure.  I was recently in Aruba with my boyfriend, Mike.  I was also in Ireland with Jen Jacoby, Mandy Briggs and Ali Thorn.  We had a terrific time and the Guiness was definately involved in many mishaps.  I am hoping to buy a house soon with Mike and hoping even more that he finally proposes.  We have been dating for approximately 3 1/2 years and I'm not getting any younger and would love to start a family soon.  Keep your fingers crossed on the marriage proposal.  Christmas will be spent in Chicago with my parents.  Plus the weekend before a romantic weekend in NYC with Mike, we are going to a Duke game and Rent on Broadway.  I am finally considering buying a new car, but it is hard to give up my old faithful.  Hope everyone is doing well and has a terrific holiday season.  Keep in touch and if you are ever in the Toronto, Niagara Falls, Buffalo area look me up.  Melissa Spencer

          • Daniel Dudley
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
              Gertrude, the kids, and I are doing very well. I am in my 6th year here at
              Verde Valley School in Sedona, AZ (web site for the school is www.vvsaz.org
              that has some nice pictures). In November, I finished my 2.5 year torture
              of working on an MBA in Marketing. Gertrude is trying to work on her
              nursing degree, but the local community college has a very competitive
              program that admittance to it is entirely based on an entrance test results.
              She has some problems with the English, but is doing well in everything
              else. She is working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a rehab center for
              the elderly and seems to like it very much. If she wasn't going to classes,
              she would be able to pretty much work however many hours that she wanted.

              Wendy (my daughter) is now 7, in the second grade, and just completed her
              first season in AYSO soccer. She scored a goal in all but two games, she
              had a hat-trick, and scored 2 goals in a couple of other games. She is very
              quick, and if things work out well, could be my retirement ticket.

              Tiamike is almost 5 and also played soccer, it was not nearly as organized,
              but it was very funny to see them play. There was one little girl who if
              you were not paying attention would take off to the play ground in the
              middle of a play. He will start Kindegarten next year, finally not having
              to pay for day-care will be very nice.

              Dan Dudley 94-96

              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
                HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                  yeah, spence, get down on your knees and propose the old fashion way...

                  Erin

                  >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
                  >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z
                  >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:29:49 +0000
                  >
                  >This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
                  >HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                • John Patten
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                    Hi Richa,

                    Sorry, could not find your personal email, but wanted
                    to send a big thank you for sending the postcard. It's
                    already on my wall and people have been asking if
                    Arches National Park is in Afghanistan, because it
                    kinda looks like it. You're right, mail day is just as
                    exciting as in the Peace Corps, only instead of
                    watching the ship roll in I get covered in dust
                    straining to see if that's a mail bag in the back of a
                    humvee. But here it only takes ten days with the APO
                    address. I'm still waiting for Dever's package from
                    Columbia.

                    As my UK friends say, "Big up to you," (that's not
                    dirty in any way).

                    Love,
                    JP

                    ps- another confidential to Spence- Good luck with
                    that, but with the responses sent in there are at
                    least three or four jokes in there, and I'm straining
                    at the bit not to be unseemly.

                    http://my.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
                      Pray tell, John.....

                      WHat is your address. I might send some coffee your way.....

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004