holiday udatesA-Z

  • Rand Wise
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 25, 2004
      happy thanksgiving, friends!

      'tis the season once again to TRY to do an annual whassup! to refresh your memories, last year we tried last name begins with a, send an update on the 1st of december, b on the 2nd, etc... it was neat hearing from the long lost. i must admit we didn't do w day and still feel somehow guilty. i thought it might be nice if folks include ONE recent photo of their fam, cat, current hottie or WHATEVER. our computer is slower than probably anyone elses, so don't bother to complain!

      also, it's time to start thinking about the 10 year reunion. a few suggestions have been securing camp accomodations at a big ole park, getting rooms at an affordable beach place, vegas again, orlando. if anyone has comments, please send them along. don't feel like forming a commitee, tshirts, all the good things we did last time. just need a date, place, and rough number of interested parties. 1st full weekend of august is tradional.

      deb
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
        Colombia would make a great place for a reunion.......
      • Don & Cathy Weber
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
          Cathy & I have our bags packed. Don

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 26, 2004
            Hello from the Drazeks! I know it's not December and our name doesn't begin
            with A, but what the hell - I'm on the internet and too impatient to wait my
            turn.

            We moved from Portland, ME to Albuquerque, NM this year. We LOVE being back
            out West and are enjoying the sunshine, mountians, chili peppers etc. Phil
            is working doing flood plain mapping in New Mexico and Texas. I am busy
            raising our two girls Clara (age 4) and Ella (age 2). Someday I will go
            back to teaching, but right now the girls keep me fully occupied.

            Here is the latest photo of us hiking in the Sandia mountians which are
            located behind our house.

            Our vote for the 10 year reunion is definately Las Vegas!

            Juliet
            >'tis the season once again to TRY to do an annual whassup! to refresh
            your memories, last year we tried last name begins with a, send an update on
            the 1st of december, b on the 2nd, etc... it was neat hearing from the long
            lost. i must admit we didn't do w day and still feel somehow guilty. i
            thought it might be nice if folks include ONE recent photo of their fam,
            cat, current hottie or WHATEVER. our computer is slower than probably
            anyone elses, so don't bother to complain!

            >also, it's time to start thinking about the 10 year reunion. a few
            suggestions have been securing camp accomodations at a big ole park, getting
            rooms at an affordable beach place, vegas again, orlando. if anyone has
            comments, please send them along. don't feel like forming a commitee,
            tshirts, all the good things we did last time. just need a date, place, and
            rough number of interested parties. 1st full weekend of august is
            tradional.

            >deb
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • reysampaga
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
              Got our vote. I understand the nightlife there compares with no other.
              (For those more protective minded, you can get machetes and AKs over
              there pretty cheap.)

              --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@h...> wrote:
              > Colombia would make a great place for a reunion.......
            • Melissa Spencer
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004

                Peace Corps Friends,  I couldn't wait for my day to update, as I also will be out of town.  I am still in Buffalo, NY and finally working in Dermatology.  I am a Physician Assistant and love it.  My office is going to Hawaii in January for a conference and staying for some extra time for pleasure.  I was recently in Aruba with my boyfriend, Mike.  I was also in Ireland with Jen Jacoby, Mandy Briggs and Ali Thorn.  We had a terrific time and the Guiness was definately involved in many mishaps.  I am hoping to buy a house soon with Mike and hoping even more that he finally proposes.  We have been dating for approximately 3 1/2 years and I'm not getting any younger and would love to start a family soon.  Keep your fingers crossed on the marriage proposal.  Christmas will be spent in Chicago with my parents.  Plus the weekend before a romantic weekend in NYC with Mike, we are going to a Duke game and Rent on Broadway.  I am finally considering buying a new car, but it is hard to give up my old faithful.  Hope everyone is doing well and has a terrific holiday season.  Keep in touch and if you are ever in the Toronto, Niagara Falls, Buffalo area look me up.  Melissa Spencer

              • Daniel Dudley
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 30, 2004
                  Gertrude, the kids, and I are doing very well. I am in my 6th year here at
                  Verde Valley School in Sedona, AZ (web site for the school is www.vvsaz.org
                  that has some nice pictures). In November, I finished my 2.5 year torture
                  of working on an MBA in Marketing. Gertrude is trying to work on her
                  nursing degree, but the local community college has a very competitive
                  program that admittance to it is entirely based on an entrance test results.
                  She has some problems with the English, but is doing well in everything
                  else. She is working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a rehab center for
                  the elderly and seems to like it very much. If she wasn't going to classes,
                  she would be able to pretty much work however many hours that she wanted.

                  Wendy (my daughter) is now 7, in the second grade, and just completed her
                  first season in AYSO soccer. She scored a goal in all but two games, she
                  had a hat-trick, and scored 2 goals in a couple of other games. She is very
                  quick, and if things work out well, could be my retirement ticket.

                  Tiamike is almost 5 and also played soccer, it was not nearly as organized,
                  but it was very funny to see them play. There was one little girl who if
                  you were not paying attention would take off to the play ground in the
                  middle of a play. He will start Kindegarten next year, finally not having
                  to pay for day-care will be very nice.

                  Dan Dudley 94-96

                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                    This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
                    HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 1, 2004
                      yeah, spence, get down on your knees and propose the old fashion way...

                      Erin

                      >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
                      >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: RE: [ujeni] holiday udatesA-Z
                      >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:29:49 +0000
                      >
                      >This is the Noughties...YOU PROPOSE TO
                      >HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                    • John Patten
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 2, 2004
                        Hi Richa,

                        Sorry, could not find your personal email, but wanted
                        to send a big thank you for sending the postcard. It's
                        already on my wall and people have been asking if
                        Arches National Park is in Afghanistan, because it
                        kinda looks like it. You're right, mail day is just as
                        exciting as in the Peace Corps, only instead of
                        watching the ship roll in I get covered in dust
                        straining to see if that's a mail bag in the back of a
                        humvee. But here it only takes ten days with the APO
                        address. I'm still waiting for Dever's package from
                        Columbia.

                        As my UK friends say, "Big up to you," (that's not
                        dirty in any way).

                        Love,
                        JP

                        ps- another confidential to Spence- Good luck with
                        that, but with the responses sent in there are at
                        least three or four jokes in there, and I'm straining
                        at the bit not to be unseemly.

                        http://my.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
                          Pray tell, John.....

                          WHat is your address. I might send some coffee your way.....

                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004