RE: [ujeni] What Mandate?!

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
      Some of us are living in Middle America and used our vote to try and change
      things....Oh well maybe some of you need to get out of the city and move
      this way. The Ohio river is mighty but lovely and the fall colors in the
      Hoosier National Forest are lovely as well.

      Luz

      >From: John Patten <jppatten98@...>
      >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [ujeni] What Mandate?!
      >Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:53:27 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >Have some media types gone buggy? Time was when if you
      >won an election by 20-30 percentage points that was
      >called a mandate.
      >
      >Since when does winning by the narrowest margin since
      >1916 for an incumbent President become some kind of
      >mandate for his policies? More people voted for Kerry
      >than Reagan.
      >
      >People also claim to have voted for him on moral
      >grounds? Are there so few of us left that think he and
      >his cronies are the most immoral group in our
      >lifetimes, like Roman emperors that speak of one thing
      >while burning villages out of reach of the public
      >scrutiny?
      >
      >Middle America can rest well in their ignorance,
      >because they just don't want to see all the things we
      >have lost. Mor scary is that many just don't care.

      >http://mail.yahoo.com

    • John Patten
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
        Bush actually won most of the states in a huge red
        swath of "middle America," but come on now, we're not
        so politically correct these days that anyone actually
        thinks I slighted 55 million Americans? That wasn't
        the point. Besides, I don't live in the city anyway, I
        live in a crumbling factory with moss on the concrete
        walls. I even let the feral cats and lizards hangout
        to keep the mouse and bug population down (photo
        attached). Kind of like my mid-western high school.
        But although they did mostly vote for Kerry, please
        don't insult the entire state of Michigan, as they're
        a bit sensitive and are still reeling from the loss to
        Ohio State yesterday.

        --- Luz Huntington <luzhunt@...> wrote:

        > Some of us are living in Middle America and used our
        > vote to try and change
        > things....Oh well maybe some of you need to get out
        > of the city and move
        > this way. The Ohio river is mighty but lovely and
        > the fall colors in the
        > Hoosier National Forest are lovely as well.
        >
        > Luz
        >
        > >From: John Patten <jppatten98@...>
        > >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [ujeni] What Mandate?!
        > >Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 23:53:27 -0800 (PST)
        > >
        > >Have some media types gone buggy? Time was when if
        > you
        > >won an election by 20-30 percentage points that was
        > >called a mandate.
        > >
        > >Since when does winning by the narrowest margin
        > since
        > >1916 for an incumbent President become some kind of
        > >mandate for his policies? More people voted for
        > Kerry
        > >than Reagan.
        > >
        > >People also claim to have voted for him on moral
        > >grounds? Are there so few of us left that think he
        > and
        > >his cronies are the most immoral group in our
        > >lifetimes, like Roman emperors that speak of one
        > thing
        > >while burning villages out of reach of the public
        > >scrutiny?
        > >
        > >Middle America can rest well in their ignorance,
        > >because they just don't want to see all the things
        > we
        > >have lost. Mor scary is that many just don't care.

        > protection around
        > >http://mail.yahoo.com

        > Don�t just search. Find. Check out the new MSN
        > Search!

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/o20olB/TM

        Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
        www.yahoo.com