Re: [ujeni] The view from Africa

  • John Patten
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
      Thanks Kristen for the post. While still firmly in the
      anti-Bush camp (and tepid about Kerry), this very
      interesting editorial also illustrates some of the
      problems of journalism today. While an editorial would
      of course be opinion, often statements are put out as
      facts when they are at the very least debatable. This
      author makes several mistakes and misrepresentations
      (trillions of dollars of deficit for example) which
      sometimes gives that side ammunition to say look at
      the way the "liberals" can't get the facts straight,
      diverting their own misstatements.

      Bush doesn't even scare me so much anymore, but the
      big four do- Rummy, Ashcroft, Paul Wolfowitz and
      Cheney. An official here that knows them says despite
      the fact they are smart, they self-reference each
      other and have lost the plot to the big picture.

      I think the world knows something we don't.

      http://vote.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
        Where are you John? How is life?