Re: [ujeni] This is for anyone who thinks NPR, PBS and the NEA is a worthwhile expenditure of $1.12/year of their taxes.

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      I was curious, so I looked it up on the NPR website and found that this is
      a hoax. At www.npr.org/yourturn/ombudsman/000810.html you will find an
      article that points out this is a hoax email that has been circulating
      from 1995. It was started by students at the University of Northern
      Colorado, and there is now a page at the website explaining this at
      www.univnorthco.edu/petition.html.

      Thanks goodness it's a hoax. I can't do without my fix either.

      -Eric