This is for anyone who thinks NPR, PBS and the NEA is a worthwhile expenditure of $1.12/year of their taxes.

  • Matthew McNulty
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
      This will only take a minute to sign, honest.

      Can't do without our daily fix of "All Things Considered." On NPR's Morning Edition last week, Nina Tottenberg said that if the Supreme Court supports Congress, it is in effect the end of the National Public Radio (NPR), National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) and the Public Broadcasting System (PBS).  PBS, NPR and the arts are facing major cutbacks in funding.  In spite of the efforts of each station to reduce spending costs and streamline their services, some government officials believe that the funding currently going to these programs is too large a portion of funding for something which is seen as not worthwhile.
      The only way that our representatives can be aware of the base of support for PBS and funding for these types of programs is by making our voices heard.

      Please add your name to this list and forward it to friends who believe in what this stands for.  This list will be forwarded to the President and the Vice President of the United States.  This petition is being passed around the Internet.  Please add your name to it so that funding can be maintained for NPR, PBS, the NEA.

      HOW TO SIGN and FORWARD: IT'S EASY:

      Please keep this petition rolling.  Do not reply to me.  Please sign and forward to others to sign.  If you prefer not to sign, please just forward  to this  e-mail address:wein2688@...  and state, "I do not wish to participate."

      DON'T WORRY ABOUT DUPLICATES.  This is being forwarded to several people at once to add their names to the petition.  It doesn't matter if many people receive the same list as the names are being managed.
      This is for anyone who thinks NPR, PBS and the NEA is a worthwhile expenditure of $1.12/year of their taxes.

      If you happen to be the 150th, 200th, 250th, etc., signer of this petition, please forward a copy to:
      wein2688@... This way we can keep track of the lists and organize them.  Forward this to everyone you know, and help us to keep these programs alive.

      Thank you!

      NOTE: It is preferable that you click SELECT (highlight) the entirety of this letter and then COPY it into a new outgoing message, rather than simply forwarding it.  In your new outgoing message, add your name to the bottom of the list, then send it on.  If these instructions are not clear enough, please reply to the one who sent it to you and ask for step-by-step instructions.

      1) Dan Kreisberg, Avery CA 95224
      2) Heidi Lawson, Arnold, CA 95223
      3) Yoni Fishman, Arnold, CA 95223
      4) Ronit Rieser, Sacramento, CA 95822
      5) Zehava Fishman, Sacramento, CA 95822
      6) Craig Rieser, Sacramento, CA 95822
      7) Gavin Rieser, Sacramento, CA 95822
      8) Tom Patoff, Avery, CA 95224
      9) Royce Bridges, Avery, Ca 95224
      10) Bill Senger, Avery, CA 95224
      11) Robin Gavoor, Arnold, CA 95223
      12) Cynthia Edwards, Arnold, CA 95223
      13) Janet Ostroff Avery, CA95223
      14) Larry Ostroff Avery, CA 95223
      15) Gail Bunge, Avery, CA 95224
      16) Ted Bunge, Avery, CA 95224
      17) Doris Flores, Visalia, Ca 93292
      18) Juhree Fort, Visalia, CA 93292
      19) Sara Hews, Sonoma CA 95476
      20) Sylvia A.  Crawford, Glen Ellen, CA
      95442
      21)Schuyler Crawford, San Francisco, CA
      94107
      22) Frederick B.  Wisor Monte Rio, CA 95462
      23) Adam S.  Parris, San Francisco, CA 94131
      24) Amelia A.  Johnson, San Francisco, 94122
      25) Gianna Michels, San francisco, CA 94118
      26) Minta Zlomke, Napa, CA 94559
      27) Karen Mattingly, Napa, CA 94559
      28) Diana Meehan, Napa CA 94558
      29) Paula Yeske Oak Park, IL 60302
      30) Deb Fallahay, Oak Park, IL 60302
      31) Susan Levine, Peoria, IL 61615
      32) Kathleen Frank, Lombard, IL 60148
      33) Martin Frank, Batavia, IL 60510
      34) Susan Ross, 60611
      35) N.  Schonberg, 60605
      36) Joyce Simon, Chicago, IL 60612
      37) Kate Jackiw, Evanston, IL 60201
      38) Ali Jackiw, Portland, OR 97214
      39)Rachel Stermer, Evanston, IL 60201
      41) Abby Streusand, Houston, TX 77096
      42) Carrie Chess, Houston, TX 77096
      43) Linda Chess, Houston, Tx 77096
      44) Justin C.  Ravitz, MI 48025
      44) Berna Friedman Ravitz, MI 48025
      45) Jason Ravitz, CA 94703
      46) Allyn Ravitz, MI 48390
      47) JB Dixson FL 33404
      48) Christine Struminski., Chicago, IL
      60614
      49) Martha Moody, Dallas, Tx 75208
      50)  Larry Pile, Dallas, TX 75208
      51) Dave Barnhart,Dallas,TX 75208
      52 Reid Barnhart, Dallas, TX 75208
      53) Kate Barnhart, Charlotte, NC
      54)Fran Clay,Charlotte, NC
      55)Marilyn C.  Dix, Davidson, NC
      56) Don Faires, Charlotte, NC
      57) Nancy Cook, Charlotte, NC
      58) Judy A.  Sy, Rock Hill SC
      59) Robert A.Sy, Rock Hill SC
      60) Judy Ferguson, Gastonia, NC
      61) J.  Richard Ferguson, Gastonia, NC
      62) Pamela F.  Perkins, Gastonia, NC, 28052
      63) Edwina Bringle, Penland, NC, 28765
      64) Mary Douglas, Statesville NC
      65) Marcy Molinaro, Bethlehem, NH
      66) Alison Dodd, Littleton, NH
      67) Liz Quantock, Sugar Hill, NH
      68) P.  Szawlowski, Sugar Hill, NH
      69) Barbara Robinson, Franconia, NH
      70) Sara Glenn, Shrewsbury, MA
      71) Martin Klein, Belmont, MA
      72) Abigail Fair, Green Village, NJ
      73) Johanna Carrara, Leesburg, NJ
      74) Jessie A.  Weeks, Cape May, NJ
      75) Pip Campbell, Philadelphia, PA
      76) Kat Stremel, KS
      77) Barbara Purvis, Overland Park, KS 66210
      78) Colleen Thoma, Midlothian, VA 23112
      79) Michael Thoma, Midlothian, VA 23112
      80) Thomas Gumpel, Richmond, VA 23221
      81) E B Keehn, Venice, CA 90291
      82) Sheila K.  Johnson, San Diego, CA 92007
      83) Sue R.  Rosner, La Jolla, CA 92037
      84)shifra and marvin miller,bellingham,wa 98226
      85) Ken & Gloria Marion, Del Mar CA 92014
      86) Jan and Gwen Hirschfield, Seminole, FL 33772
      87) Ruth Henderson, Seminole, Fl 33772
      88) Virginia Ricketson-Wills, Gainesville, GA 30501
      89) Adrienne Jonas, San Francisco, CA 94127
      90) India O Brown, Fairfield Bay, AR 72088
      91) Oscar and Lorra Dorr, Punta Gorda, FL  33950
      92)Frieda Galiardi  Clearwater, Fl 33760
      93)Matthew McNulty, Seattle, WA 98117

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Yahoo! Mail � CNET Editors' Choice 2004. Tell them what you think.
    • Eric Bone
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 7, 2004
        I was curious, so I looked it up on the NPR website and found that this is
        a hoax. At www.npr.org/yourturn/ombudsman/000810.html you will find an
        article that points out this is a hoax email that has been circulating
        from 1995. It was started by students at the University of Northern
        Colorado, and there is now a page at the website explaining this at
        www.univnorthco.edu/petition.html.

        Thanks goodness it's a hoax. I can't do without my fix either.

        -Eric