assault weapons ban

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2004
      If this ban was so popular with "the people", why didn't they
      call/write/email their congresspeople to tell them that that is how they
      wanted them to vote, or even to have a vote.

      This reminds me about the check-kiting scheme in the Congresisonal Post
      Bank. Many congressmen/women did it, and there were cries fmor the public
      to dethrone them.

      But come voting time, only one I beleive weas not re-elected, only because
      he chose to retire under a grandfathered-claue that allowed him to keep his
      re-election campaign warchest...

      YOu get what you vote, so vote!!!!!!!!!

    • Rand Wise
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 15, 2004
        Keep in mind too that even your congressperson can't do much if the house and senate
        leaders and the appropriate committee chairs refuse to let a vote go forward. Keep that
        in mind if and when Bill Frist is on your ballot.