RE: [ujeni] Farewell open house for Josh

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004

      Dear Paul,

      No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
      NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.

      Vyrle

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
        Is the group staying at the Doubletree? If they are, tell Josh to go out the
        side door one evening, turn right and go down the street 3 or 4 or 5 blocks
        and he'll see a tapas restaurant across the street on the corner. Great
        place. Good food in a loud relaxed atmosphere. Now all of this is assuming
        my memory is correct and the joint is still in business. It is down the same
        street we traveled to get our shots and when we all reconvened back at the
        hotel we saw that Gideon had gotten a haircut. After we all told him how
        great he looked, he hesitantly thanked us and added, "But now l feel I look
        like a Republican".
        Gideon, one of the shining stars of our group. Anybody in contact with him
        or know about him? Don
        > No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
        > NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.
        >
        > Vyrle

      • Luz Huntington
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
          I can second Paul's comment on Senegal being a wonderful place to serve.
          (Who would have ever thought I would be supporting one of Paul's
          comments--ha ha). A good friend of mine served there for 3 years. I visited
          Senegal on my way home from Malawi. It is a beautiful country. Your son and
          wife will not be disappointed.

          Good luck to both of them.
          Luz