RE: [ujeni] Farewell open house for Josh

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
      Excellent. Sengal is a great place to serve...........Will they pass
      through DC on their way out??

    • Vyrle Owens
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004

        Dear Paul,

        No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
        NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.

        Vyrle

        Excellent. Sengal is a great place to serve...........Will they pass
        through DC on their way out??

        ---

        ---
      • Weber
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
          Is the group staying at the Doubletree? If they are, tell Josh to go out the
          side door one evening, turn right and go down the street 3 or 4 or 5 blocks
          and he'll see a tapas restaurant across the street on the corner. Great
          place. Good food in a loud relaxed atmosphere. Now all of this is assuming
          my memory is correct and the joint is still in business. It is down the same
          street we traveled to get our shots and when we all reconvened back at the
          hotel we saw that Gideon had gotten a haircut. After we all told him how
          great he looked, he hesitantly thanked us and added, "But now l feel I look
          like a Republican".
          Gideon, one of the shining stars of our group. Anybody in contact with him
          or know about him? Don
          > No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
          > NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.
          >
          > Vyrle

        • Luz Huntington
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
            I can second Paul's comment on Senegal being a wonderful place to serve.
            (Who would have ever thought I would be supporting one of Paul's
            comments--ha ha). A good friend of mine served there for 3 years. I visited
            Senegal on my way home from Malawi. It is a beautiful country. Your son and
            wife will not be disappointed.

            Good luck to both of them.
            Luz