Farewell open house for Josh

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2004

      To anyone in the neighborhood,

      Joshua and his wife are departing on Sunday for Peace Corps training in
      Senegal.

      We are having a "despidida" (going away function) on Saturday, 11
      September 2004. 2:00 pm to dark

      Place 12740 SE Lafayette Hwy, Dayton, Oregon

      Phone for directions, 503-864-4599 (or email).

      Y'all come,

      Vyrle and Dolly

      ---
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
        Excellent. Sengal is a great place to serve...........Will they pass
        through DC on their way out??

      • Vyrle Owens
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004

          Dear Paul,

          No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
          NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.

          Vyrle

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
            Is the group staying at the Doubletree? If they are, tell Josh to go out the
            side door one evening, turn right and go down the street 3 or 4 or 5 blocks
            and he'll see a tapas restaurant across the street on the corner. Great
            place. Good food in a loud relaxed atmosphere. Now all of this is assuming
            my memory is correct and the joint is still in business. It is down the same
            street we traveled to get our shots and when we all reconvened back at the
            hotel we saw that Gideon had gotten a haircut. After we all told him how
            great he looked, he hesitantly thanked us and added, "But now l feel I look
            like a Republican".
            Gideon, one of the shining stars of our group. Anybody in contact with him
            or know about him? Don
            > No DC this trip. The plan calls for staging in Philadelphia, then to
            > NYC, JFK for direct flight to Dakar.
            >
            > Vyrle

          • Luz Huntington
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 8, 2004
              I can second Paul's comment on Senegal being a wonderful place to serve.
              (Who would have ever thought I would be supporting one of Paul's
              comments--ha ha). A good friend of mine served there for 3 years. I visited
              Senegal on my way home from Malawi. It is a beautiful country. Your son and
              wife will not be disappointed.

              Good luck to both of them.
              Luz