Fw: [ujeni] UK Sport - NEWS Malawi project provides Olympic chance.htm

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2004
      From: " Weber" <weber@...>
      To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 9:46 AM
      Subject: Re: [ujeni] UK Sport - NEWS Malawi project provides Olympic
      chance.htm

      > Hey John, How "bout them RSA swimmers. I bet the media down your way is
      > talking about little else. I was rooting for them.
      > A thought occurred to me as I was watching scantily clad Women's Beach
      > Volleyball participants. It would be the proverbial "cold day in hell"
      > before Malawi would compete in that event. For that matter a whole lot of
      > countries in this universe will never compete as long as bikini's are the
      > uniform of the day, which obviously is no revelation. I did hear that one
      of
      > the middle eastern countries is allowing a woman swimmer to compete this
      > year because of the trend toward the full body suits.
      > I don't watch the Olympics because "sports is my life" but rather because
      > it is "culturally enlightening" (especially beach volleyball). Don

    • John Patten
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2004
        Hey Paul, good job on the announceer issue, although I
        didn't see that as I've been all about the badminton
        (and women's weightlifting, dem babes is wicked
        strong). I really keep expecting to see a grill with
        hotdogs next to the badminton court however, along
        with a cooler of beer. It's just such a fourth of July
        sport. I'm hoping one day they have a 40-plus
        category.

        Speaking of beer, I could have seen the gymnasts, but
        was busy reading about the bear that drank 36 beers
        and passed out at a resort in Washington! It appears
        he got into someone's cooler, drank all the Rainier,
        and left the Busch alone after trying just one. Guess
        he doesn't like the shrubbery. How can a bear possibly
        have better taste than my college roomates? a Busch
        30-pack was only $10.99 at the shoprite.

        Then they caught the thing in a trap by luring it with
        doughnuts and two more beers. They did the same thing
        to me once at Eastern Michigan back in '84.

        JP

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2004
          Yup, I must say that the badminton they play is not what I played in high
          school gym class...

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 23, 2004
            Hey John- It looks definite I'll be in Sun City around Oct.4-8. Will
            you still be in SA then?

            Scott