RE: [ujeni] CDC Medical Officer Postions in Global Immunizations - Various Locations

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
      Hello Alice,

      I mostly pass along job announcements as they come my way. CDC as an
      organization is very large and there are probably many openings that I
      do not hear about. I would recommend looking once a week at the CDC job
      webpage:

      http://www.cdc.gov/hrmo/hrmo.htm

      There are many types of positions that do come up, some are as you
      describe. (I myself am not an MD, I hold a Masters in Public Health
      degree.) However, I am unsure of your nationality, but you should know
      that it is very difficult for CDC, as a U.S. government agency (like
      Malawi's MOH), to hire non-U.S. citizens.

      That said there are some good resources out there if you are looking for
      international work with NGOs.

      A few good ones that I know of are:

      Development Jobs: www.devjobs.org

      International Career Employment Weekly:
      www.internationaljobs.org

      Humanitarian Relief Web: http://www.reliefweb.int/vacancies/
      note the training program section:
      http://www.reliefweb.int/training/

      Good luck!

      Liz

      Elizabeth Bell Meaney, MPH
      Polio Eradication Branch
      Global Immunization Division

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
        Eesh, sorry everyone.

        I just hit reply, rather than responding directly to Mrs. Kaunda
        directly.

        Apologies.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
          No problem. A good resource was offered. And many job
          possibilities......Keep it up...