CDC Medical Officer Postions in Global Immunizations - Various Locations

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2004

      Please feel free to distribute to your networks.

      Thanks,

      Liz

      Elizabeth Bell Meaney, MPH

      Polio Eradication Branch

      Global Immunization Division

    • Alice Kaunda
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 7, 2004
        Dear Ms Bell,

        I wish to ackowledge with thanks all previous emails
        regarding job vacancies advertised by yourself.

        However, I wish to find out if any posisions for
        project manager or project coordinator for capacity
        building for persons with a non medical background
        ever exist.

        I f they do, kindly email me the adverts each time the
        vacancies fall due.

        Youre sincerely,

        Alice Kaunda (Mrs.)

        <https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/hhs.exe/runjobinfo?aOrg=1&aJob=3120&
        > Username=~BROWSE~&ORGIMG=qh.gif> if you would like
        > to view the complete
        > announcement and questions you'll be required to
        > answer in the
        > application process.
        >

        > QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD BE
        > REFERRED TO:
        > Atlanta HR Customer Service Center HRCS@...
        >

        > HOW TO APPLY:
        > A COMPLETE application (Resume and Questionnaire

        === message truncated ===

        <https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/hhs.exe/runjobinfo?aOrg=1&aJob=3214&
        > Username=~BROWSE~&ORGIMG=qh.gif> if you would like
        > to view the complete

        === message truncated ===

        <https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/hhs.exe/runjobinfo?aOrg=1&aJob=3083&
        > Username=~BROWSE~&ORGIMG=qh.gif> if you would like
        > to view the complete
        > announcement and questions you'll be required to
        > answer in the
        > application process.
        >

        > QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD BE
        > REFERRED TO:
        > Atlanta HR Customer Service Center HRCS@...
        >

        > HOW TO APPLY:
        > A COMPLETE application (Resume and Questionnaire
        > vacancy must be received online via the HHS Careers
        > website BEFORE
        > midnight Eastern Time on the closing date. Paper
        > applications WILL
        > NOT be accepted. The application process consists
        > of
        === message truncated ===

        <https://jobs.quickhire.com/scripts/hhs.exe/runjobinfo?aOrg=1&aJob=3088&
        > Username=~BROWSE~&ORGIMG=qh.gif> if you would like
        > to view the complete
        > announcement and questions you'll be required to
        > answer in the
        > application process.
        >

        > QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD BE
        > REFERRED TO:
        > Atlanta HR Customer Service Center HRCS@...
        >

        > HOW TO APPLY:
        > A COMPLETE application (Resume and Questionnaire
        > vacancy must be received online via the HHS Careers
        > website BEFORE
        > midnight Eastern Time on the closing date. Paper
        > applications WILL
        > NOT be accepted. The application process consists
        > of the following

        === message truncated ===

        > ATTACHMENT part 5.2 image/gif name=cdcnew3.gif

        > ATTACHMENT part 5.3 image/bmp name=HHSCareers.bmp

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • Bell, Elizabeth
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
          Hello Alice,

          I mostly pass along job announcements as they come my way. CDC as an
          organization is very large and there are probably many openings that I
          do not hear about. I would recommend looking once a week at the CDC job
          webpage:

          http://www.cdc.gov/hrmo/hrmo.htm

          There are many types of positions that do come up, some are as you
          describe. (I myself am not an MD, I hold a Masters in Public Health
          degree.) However, I am unsure of your nationality, but you should know
          that it is very difficult for CDC, as a U.S. government agency (like
          Malawi's MOH), to hire non-U.S. citizens.

          That said there are some good resources out there if you are looking for
          international work with NGOs.

          A few good ones that I know of are:

          Development Jobs: www.devjobs.org

          International Career Employment Weekly:
          www.internationaljobs.org

          Humanitarian Relief Web: http://www.reliefweb.int/vacancies/
          note the training program section:
          http://www.reliefweb.int/training/

          Good luck!

          --- "Bell, Elizabeth" <eib6@...> wrote:
> [...]

          > Username=~BROWSE~&ORGIMG=qh.gif> if you would like
          > to view the complete
          > announcement and questions you'll be required to
          > answer in the
          > application process.
          >

          > QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS ANNOUNCEMENT SHOULD BE
          > REFERRED TO:
          > Atlanta HR Customer Service Center HRCS@...
          >

          > HOW TO APPLY:
          > A COMPLETE application (Resume and Questionnaire
          > vacancy must be received online via the HHS Careers
          > website BEFORE
          > midnight Eastern Time on the closing date. Paper
          > applications WILL
          > NOT be accepted. The application process consists
          > of the following

          === message truncated ===

          > ATTACHMENT part 5.2 image/gif name=cdcnew3.gif

          > ATTACHMENT part 5.3 image/bmp name=HHSCareers.bmp

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Bell, Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
            Eesh, sorry everyone.

            I just hit reply, rather than responding directly to Mrs. Kaunda
            directly.

            Apologies.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 16, 2004
              No problem. A good resource was offered. And many job
              possibilities......Keep it up...