Re: [ujeni] FW: Malawi Elections

  • Kym Walther
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24 11:24 AM
      Ahhh, yes, Africa...  some things will never change!
      On the hospitality note of the other emails going around.. There are some out of town RPCVs coming into Boston in the upcoming weeks, We'll be heading out on the town the weekend of June 4, anyone else in the area???

      "Bell, Elizabeth" <eib6@...> wrote:

      Hello Ujenites,

      Thought you�d appreciate the below description of the Malawi elections (see second paragraph).J

      Liz

      Elizabeth Bell, MPH

      STOP Activity Unit

      Polio Eradication Branch

      Global Immunization Division

      Hi guys,

      Herewith the lists of shipment 18 & 21.

      Fortunately Chibwana reported for duties today (only him, Kadewa and Mandota, out of all the staff working at the Paediatric Annex, reported for duties today) and he copied them down on a floppy.

      The elections went ok yesterday, at least no riots etc. If it was fair...?? Henk, the Dutch consul here in Malawi was one of the observers and he told me that when the boxes arrived yesterday morning, before the voting got started, they appeared already half full! First they needed to be emptied (they contained hundreds of UDF votes) before that particular polling station could be opened!! And I am sure that was not the only place for this to happen.

      We are still planning to ship the dry-shipper next week Wednesday.

      Have a nice weekend.

      Kind regards,

      Desiree.

      Do you Yahoo!?