Relay for Life

  • Tana Beverwyk-Abouda
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2004

      Dear friends,

      My Mom (who has just finished a nine month treatment of chemogtherapy and radiation for breast cancer) and I will be participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay For Life on June 4 in Santa Fe.  It is an 18 hour event with people walking throughout the 18 hours to raise money to fight cancer.  Our team, put together by an amazing breast cancer survivor, is called the Life Reacher-ers. We are about 20 strong and will camp overnight at the Santa Fe School for the Deaf. Our goal is to walk at least 6 hours each including some during the wee hours.

      If any of you would like to sponsor us and our team, donations would be gratefully accepted. There may be a web site soon with the ability to accept credit card donations; however, in the meantime regular old checks made out to the American Cancer Society sent by snail-mail to my Mom's address (P.O. Box 474, Velarde, NM 87582) would work great. Of course, anyone who can is invited to join us for any part of the event and if you can't afford to sponsor us right now, your thoughts and well wishes will be felt and honored.

      This is going to be a wonderful opportunity to bid farewell to a trying nine months and to celebrate the life of all cancer survivors.

      Love- Tana

      Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.  We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?  Well, actually, who are you not to be?"

      -Nelson Mandela