Post-Kamuzu

  • Scott Geibel
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 21, 2004
      It has now been about 10 years since Kamuzu stepped down; over 6 years since
      he died. Has Malawi become better off in the last decade? I dunno. I thought
      the attached paper was kind of interesting.

      I remember in 1996, the local MCP office in Chitipa still had their campaign
      posters on the wall. Trivia question for the day: Does anyone remember the
      slogan next to Banda's picture?
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
        "I know that I never took money when I was working at the post office"

        It has now been about 10 years since Kamuzu stepped down; over 6 years since
        he died. Has Malawi become better off in the last decade? I dunno. I thought
        the attached paper was kind of interesting.

        I remember in 1996, the local MCP office in Chitipa still had their campaign
        posters on the wall. Trivia question for the day: Does anyone remember the
        slogan next to Banda's picture?

        << Jan_20Kees.pdf >>

        Lose those love handles! MSN Fitness shows you two moves to slim your waist.
        http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/article.aspx?dept=exercise&article=et_pv_030104_lovehandles
      • John Strain
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2004
          Here is my picture of the Ngwazi, on the Friends of Malawi website I maintain.

          The photo was taken on the M1 just south of Linthipe from the back of his candy apple red Rolls Royce convertible. What a guy!

          John Strain, Malawi 11 (public health 1967-68)

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2004
            "An mkuku in every pot and nsima in every belly."

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29, 2004
              "I got this fly whisk at the PTC."