RE: [ujeni] Exciting news from the Owens

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2004
      Vryle,
      Congratulations to you and your son and daughter-in-law!! I have a very good
      friend who is an RPCV from Senegal. He was there from 1995-1998. I visited
      him on my way home from Malawi. Senegal is just beautiful and will not
      disappoint. If they would like to speak with my friend just drop me an email
      and I will get his number to you.

      Luz

      >From: "Vyrle Owens" <vyrle@...>
      >To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: [ujeni] Exciting news from the Owens
      >Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:18:51 -0800

      >Dear all,
      >
      >Our son Josh and his wife have received an invitation to become PCVs in
      >Senegal. Agro-forestry and agriculture extension projects. Sounds like
      >great projects for them. Departure September 2004.
      >
      >Vyrle and Dolly

      Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar � FREE!
    • reysampaga
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 1, 2004
        Dear Vyrle and Dolly, and Josh and Mrs. Josh Owens

        We would like to add our congratulations to you, Vyrle and Dolly, and
        an even more hearty congrats and "Best Wishes" to Josh and his wife.

        I would also like to share an anecdote about Josh. I was going to
        send it personally but it was too good to keep private and what
        better forum to disseminate a juicy one than the Ujeni.

        Well it goes like this....Remember the dedication ceremony of
        Roopangi Kadakia's Water Project in Zomba? That was spring of 1995
        or so. You attended the ceremony with Jane Bonin, Ambassador
        Chaveas, and Josh. The ceremony took place in the village up in the
        hills above Zomba. During the ceremony, Josh and I sat next to each
        other.
        I acted as his translator when the Chief of the village spoke.
        During the Chief's speech I translated for Josh the following: "Thank
        you for joining us today to be our meals. We promise to make your
        demise quick and painless. By the looks of you all you will be
        delicious...."
        Of course, Josh said, "No. No. and No." with each translation.
        I am glad he was not so gullible and it did not scare him off joining
        Peace Corp.
        Anyway, he did get his dig in too.
        At the banquet afterwards at Zomba City Hall, he asked me if one of
        the meats we were eating was "animal or human?"
        I think it was that moment I knew he would make it.

        Please extend our good wishes again. And remind him to have fun too.
        Sincerely,
        Rey and Robin Sampaga

        --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Vyrle Owens" <vyrle@o...> wrote:

        > Dear all,
        >
        > Our son Josh and his wife have received an invitation to become
        PCVs in
        > Senegal. Agro-forestry and agriculture extension projects. Sounds
        like
        > great projects for them. Departure September 2004.
        >
        > Vyrle and Dolly
      • Vyrle Owens
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 8, 2004

          Dear Rey,

          Amazing what you learn about your own children after the years have
          traveled on.

          Thanks for the story and greetings to all of you,

          Vyrle

          Dear Vyrle and Dolly, and Josh and Mrs. Josh Owens

          We would like to add our congratulations to you, Vyrle and Dolly, and
          an even more hearty congrats and "Best Wishes" to Josh and his wife.

          I would also like to share an anecdote about Josh. I was going to
          send it personally but it was too good to keep private and what
          better forum to disseminate a juicy one than the Ujeni.

          Well it goes like this....Remember the dedication ceremony of
          Roopangi Kadakia's Water Project in Zomba? That was spring of 1995
          or so. You attended the ceremony with Jane Bonin, Ambassador
          Chaveas, and Josh. The ceremony took place in the village up in the
          hills above Zomba. During the ceremony, Josh and I sat next to each
          other.
          I acted as his translator when the Chief of the village spoke.
          During the Chief's speech I translated for Josh the following: "Thank
          you for joining us today to be our meals. We promise to make your
          demise quick and painless. By the looks of you all you will be
          delicious...."
          Of course, Josh said, "No. No. and No." with each translation.
          I am glad he was not so gullible and it did not scare him off joining
          Peace Corp.
          Anyway, he did get his dig in too.
          At the banquet afterwards at Zomba City Hall, he asked me if one of
          the meats we were eating was "animal or human?"
          I think it was that moment I knew he would make it.

          Please extend our good wishes again. And remind him to have fun too.
          Sincerely,
          Rey and Robin Sampaga

          --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Vyrle Owens" <vyrle@o...> wrote:

          > Dear all,
          >
          > Our son Josh and his wife have received an invitation to become
          PCVs in
          > Senegal. Agro-forestry and agriculture extension projects. Sounds
          like
          > great projects for them. Departure September 2004.
          >
          > Vyrle and Dolly

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---

          ---