AIDS drug costs and Africa

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 1999
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/05/24/MN104738.DTL&type=health This is an article from yesterdays San Francisco Chronicle about AIDS drug cost that I think deserves thoughtful consideration and public reaction. Thought I'd pass it on to you all. What are your thoughts about the cons? My immediate reaction was to start lobbying Clintin and my Congress people to, of course, allow for the options to get lower cost drugs to Africa and other underdeveloped countries....I would like to see some Ujeni dialogue about this. I recommend printing the article out if you can because it is long. If you can't get my site to work by clicking on it try putting in www.sfgate.com , scroll down on the left column to Health, then you will get a page that has the article title to click on. Cathy