Yearly Update: Skip to the D's

  • Paul Dever
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2003
      Here is life in a nutshell for the Devers:

      We are finalizing the adoption of our new daughter, whose first
      birthday will be January 3.

      I was in charge of Pres. Bush's motorcade in Manila when he came in
      October, I did some fishing in FL for my R&R back in Novemberr, and am
      now finishing cooking the turkey for the Christmas dinner tonight after
      Midnight Mass.

      We will finish up here in Manila, and then move to DC temporarily while
      I study Spanish en route to Colombia where I will work again in the
      Consular Section, and another year in the Narcotics Affairs Section,
      doing my part to eradicate the drug menace in America.

      On my 40th birthday I shall find mself in the throngs of people who
      will be in the Procession fo the Blackened Nazareth: In 1609 a huge
      statue of Jesus was enroute to the Philippines when the ship caught
      fire. Jesus was burned but not destroyed, and he now stays in the
      Quiapo Church in Quezon City.

      He is paraded through the streets on Jan 9 and people seek to touch the
      statue for good luck and curing of ailments. IF not able to get close
      enough, they ask people to rub towels on Him, and they take these
      towels and use them throughout the year.

      How goes it with everyone else?????

      http://photos.yahoo.com/