Re: [ujeni] RE: yearly update

  • John Strain
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2003
      Greetings,

      I don't often post on this august link but I feel the need to do so now.

      Amongst other things, I am the WebGuy for the Friends of Malawi website at
      www.friendsofmalawi.org. Additioanally, I am the WebGuy for the Grosse Ile
      Rotary Club at www.gircweb.org.

      The thing I want to share is a project Bill Schmidt and I are working on for
      Malawi Children's Village. Bill and I were PCVs in kwathu in 1967 and 1968.
      Check out the FOM website to see what we saw and did and us, in the training
      page.

      We are currently raising money from our respective Rotary Clubs and Rotary
      International to help MCV.

      Should any readers of this network be members of a service organization,
      like Rotary or have funds to contribute, we would welcome your support.

      Between Bill's activities, those of someone from Oregon and me, we have
      almost $19,000 committed to MCV to build clean pit latrines for the
      elementary schools in the 37 villages supported by MCV just south of Cape
      Maclear. We are very proud of this project and would welcome help from
      others.

      Should any reader have any questions or be in a position to help, please
      contact me or Bill via email or telephone.

      John Strain
      PC Malawi 11
      Telephone 734-552-0260

      Bill Schmidt