RE: yearly update

  • Deb Novak
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 23, 2003
      Hi all,

      I was equally inspired by Eric and since I missed N last year I've decided
      to be proactive and type while the time is good.

      Deb Novak reporting in:

      I'm still in Albuquerque and still with Devin, my long distance boyfriend of
      the Peace Corps years. I currently teach 6th and 7th grade science at
      Menaul School. Devin is still the film editor for the Weekly Alibi
      (Alibi.com if you want to read his reviews) and is gaining local celebrity
      status. We happily share a small house with our "children", two ferrets,
      Mina & Lilith, Gray the cat and three nameless but well loved Beta Fish.

      That's life after Malawi in a nutshell.

      Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access � limited
      time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup
    • John Strain
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2003
        Greetings,

        I don't often post on this august link but I feel the need to do so now.

        Amongst other things, I am the WebGuy for the Friends of Malawi website at
        www.friendsofmalawi.org. Additioanally, I am the WebGuy for the Grosse Ile
        Rotary Club at www.gircweb.org.

        The thing I want to share is a project Bill Schmidt and I are working on for
        Malawi Children's Village. Bill and I were PCVs in kwathu in 1967 and 1968.
        Check out the FOM website to see what we saw and did and us, in the training
        page.

        We are currently raising money from our respective Rotary Clubs and Rotary
        International to help MCV.

        Should any readers of this network be members of a service organization,
        like Rotary or have funds to contribute, we would welcome your support.

        Between Bill's activities, those of someone from Oregon and me, we have
        almost $19,000 committed to MCV to build clean pit latrines for the
        elementary schools in the 37 villages supported by MCV just south of Cape
        Maclear. We are very proud of this project and would welcome help from
        others.

        Should any reader have any questions or be in a position to help, please
        contact me or Bill via email or telephone.

        John Strain
        PC Malawi 11
        Telephone 734-552-0260

        Bill Schmidt