Skip to search.

The Jewel of Africa

  • Allison Mobley
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10 10:03 AM
      Hello Everyone,

      Here's my update. I'm moving to Kampala, Uganda to be the HIV/AIDS Behavior
      Change Communications Manager for PSI. Whew! What a tough decision. It is
      difficult to leave such a terrific work situation, the beauty of the
      Northwest, friends and family...but if I don't go now, when am I going to
      go? It's a great opportunity and challenge for me, so I'm going to make the
      change. Dec 19 will be my last work day in the Portland office. I'll pack
      up and spend the holidays with family and friends. In early January I'll go
      to DC for meetings with the main office folks and then head to Uganda. I
      was in Uganda in September for some technical assistance, I felt so
      comfortable, like I was at home. I guess that's the east Africa thing for
      me. Beautiful and green. Kind people. The only downside was the traffic
      and vehicles belching black smoke.

      Hope all is well with everyone!

      Take care,
      Allison Mobley