FW: AARPCV: Opportunities for RPCVs with the Mississippi Teacher Corps

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      Fyi.

      Elizabeth Bell, MPH
      STOP Activity Unit
      Polio Eradication Branch
      Global Immunization Division

      ***********

      The Mississippi Teacher Corps is a two-year program for
      people who are interested in teaching and making a difference. The program
      starts in June of each year at the University of Mississippi with an
      intensive summer training, modeled after the Peace Corps. Once the school
      year starts you will teach in a critical-needs area of Mississippi (most of
      our teachers are placed in the Mississippi Delta). In exchange you will
      receive a full scholarship for a master's in education from the University
      of Mississippi (which you complete during the two years), full pay and
      benefits from your school district, free textbooks, teacher certification,
      housing and a stipend during the initial summer training, housing during
      weekend classes, courses tailored to the program, continuous support, and
      the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in some of the
      poorest areas of the country. The program is administered by an RPCV and
      RPCV's are our number one recruiting target.

      For more information please contact:

      Ben Guest
      Program Coordinator
      Mississippi Teacher Corps
      1-800-884-7606
      www.mtcorps.net
      bguest@...

      "We look at our expenses as blessings because we can afford to pay them."
      -Rev. Norman Vincent Peale

      Bernadette Zayas Lorenzo M.A.
      Peace Corps Regional Recruiter

      100 Alabama St. Suite 2R70