Re: FW: African Women Breast Cancer Stamp 2003

  • reysampaga
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2003
      At the risk of sounding tasteless I thought that a remark should be
      directed back at Mr. Holland, excuse me, Dr. Holland:
      "Hey Mark, no weenie should be silent where breasts are concerned."
      There.
      Still happy and still in Albuquerque.
      --Rey

      --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Holland, Mark" <holland@p...> wrote:
      > Ok, I'm REALLY REALLY not one of those people that forward every e-
      mail they get to everyone they know working on the assumption that
      everyone everywhere is deeply interested in an analysis of the
      semantic and physio-philosophic implications of the grunting sound
      made by South American bullfrogs in the highlands of Peru. However,
      ujeni has been quiet of late and were it not for the intrepid
      Christine Chumbler it would have been TOTALLY SILENT, you weenies, so
      this one I thought y'all might be interested in.

      > Hope you're all well and happy. Send us all a round of updates on
      your lives. Cheers,
      > Mark

      who are great at forwarding on information with your e-mail network.
      Please read and pass this on. It would be wonderful if 2003 were the
      year a cure for breast cancer was found!!!!

      > This is one e-mail you should be glad to pass on. The notion that
      we could raise $35 million by buying a book of stamps is powerful! As
      you may be aware, the US Postal Service recently released its
      new "Fund the Cure" stamp to help fund breast cancer research. The
      stamp was designed by Ethel Kessler of Bethesda, Maryland. It is
      important that we take a stand against this disease that affects so
      many of our Mothers, Sisters and Friends. Every year a new stamp is
      printed for Breast Cancer Awareness. When have you ever seen one
      representing us?

      > Instead of the normal 37 cents for a stamp, this one costs 40
      cents. The additional 3 cents will go to breast cancer research.
      A "normal" book costs $7.40. This one is only $8.00. It takes a few
      minutes in line at the Post Office and means so much. If all stamps
      are sold, it will raise an additional $35,000,000 for this vital
      research. Just as important as the money is our support.

      > What a statement it would make if the stamp outsold the lottery
      this week. What a statement it would make that we care. I would urge
      you to do two things TODAY: 1. Go out and purchase some of these
      stamps. 2. E-mail your friends to do the same. We all know women and
      their families whose lives are turned upside-down by breast cancer.
      It takes so little to do so much in this drive. I think we can all
      afford the 60 cents. Please help & pass it on.

      > Please pass this on through your networks. I know we can see this
      stamp out!