Fw: Important Update: Yahoo! Groups Service Changes

  • Rand Wise
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2003
      *** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ***

      Dear Ujeni members,

      Important update: The new date for service changes is August 21, 2003.

      To continue offering you a high quality, free service, Yahoo! Groups is making the following changes:

      Message Attachments:
      Email attachments will no longer be archived in the Messages area, although Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver attachments sent by email. On August 21st, all attachments in the Messages area will be removed, and Yahoo! will be
      unable to retrieve the data. Please note: All of your group messages will remain. Only the attachments will be deleted.

      Before August 21st, if you want to preserve them, you must move your old message attachments. To do so, go to the Messages area and click on "Expand Messages." This lets you view many attachments on one page so you can download
      them easily. Then you can upload them to the Files and Photos areas in your groups. The Files and Photos features will allow you to better organize your email attachments.

      Files and Photos:

      For more details on the service changes described above, please visit our help section http://help.yahoo.com/groups/groups-56.html.

      We hope you will pass this notice along to your group's members so they are aware of the changes. Thank you for your support as we continue to improve Yahoo! Groups.

      Sincerely,

      The Yahoo! Groups Team

      This is a service email related to your use of Yahoo! Groups. Please do not reply to this email. For Help or to read the FAQ, please visit
      http://help.yahoo.com/groups/groups-56.html. To learn more about Yahoo!'s use of personal information please read our Privacy Policy:
      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/groups/index.html.

    • Vyrle Owens
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003

        Dear all,

        I just received a message from a family friend at the Virginia Institute
        of Marine Science, College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, VA
        inquiring about Peace Corps service. I told her I would try to locate
        someone reasonably nearby to contact if she would like.

        Is anyone willing or available to have your contact information passed
        along?

        Thanks,

        Vyrle

        ---
      • John Strain
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 19, 2003
          Vyrle,

          Being the Web Guy for Friends of Malawi and being in Grosse Ile, Michigan, I will be happy to answer any questions I can about PCV activity. My email is jwstrain@...  and my telephone is 734-552-0260.

          John Strain
          FOM WebGuy
          Still working on the restoration of the site