Sitting next to a Young Gun and Babelicious

  • Paul Dever
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      My brush with greatness came about when Manila had its International
      Film Festival. Some Americans of Philippine descent or plain old
      Filipino-American came by.

      Well three of them did: Fritz Friedman, a producer, Lou Diamond
      Phillips, and Tia Carrere were there, and we all sat next to each
      other.

      I mentioned to Lou that he was instrumental in my Peace Corps life, as
      I learned La Bamba after watching the same movie on the stone-seated
      cinema in Atar Mauritania where I served. And I mentioned to Tia that
      she was Babelicious. Yup, sure did...you only live once.....she did
      not want to sing "Hey Mickey"...

      That was a nice end to a week.....

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com