Re: [ujeni] Digest Number 1158

  • Matthew McNulty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 16, 2003
      Where is this shit comming from????
      We can censor our own.  Can we not shame porn off of the Ujeni?
      What the hell, do we not have control over whom can sign up for this chat room?
      hmmmmmmmmmm

      mcnurty

      ujeni@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/o20olB/TM

      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Good Times for us Lonely peeps
      From: "penegirltw_232"

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:58:23 -0000
      From: "penegirltw_232"
      Subject: Good Times for us Lonely peeps

      I don't know about you guys but I have been looking for a new site to meet new people on.
      I think I have totally found it and am going to share it with you.
      Lot's of porn, adult games, videos, pics and Tons more to get off to.
      Look me up in the chat rooms under the same name

      http://www.seductivesingles.net/landing.asp?afl=EYHO

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2003
        I've been wondering about this too. Since I doubt this person is just
        sending to our list and would therefore respond to shaming, Rand, is
        there a way to block this sender?

        >>> mcnurty@... 6/16/03 3:57 PM >>>

        From: "penegirltw_232"

        Message: 1

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 16, 2003
          That's an auto-generated e-mail address from a spammer. You can tell by the number at the end: spammers add random digits or characters to their e-mail addresses to get around people like us who want to block them. The next e-mail we get from these slimeballs will almost certainly have a different number on the end and probably a different text name at the front as well, so blocking this address probably won't help a lot. Also, most spam comes from proxy companies that contract to send it out by the tens of millions, so there isn't even a human being anywhere on the other end. Or, at least, not a human being who understands the concept of shame.

          Yahoo uses spam filters by default, this one must have slipped through. Usually the best way to deal with it is to report it as spam to yahoo, so that they start adding it to the filters they use by default. On my personal yahoo account all I have to do is click the 'this is spam' button, but I'm not sure how it works for a mailing list.

          Mark

          I've been wondering about this too. Since I doubt this person is just
          sending to our list and would therefore respond to shaming, Rand, is
          there a way to block this sender?
        • Rand Wise
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
            Sorry, we've been away from the computer. I don't quite understand how this person is posting. According to Yahoo, only group members can post messages, and whoever this is is not a member of the group. I submitted the email address for banning, so hopefully that works.

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 17, 2003
              Thanks Mark.