Children's Peace Theater wants international partners

  • Kristen E Cheney
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2003
      Hello Everyone,

      Since theater is really strong in Uganda, I thought I would forward this message from the Children's Peace Theater group to see if you or anyone you know might be interested. Please read below. If you want more information, do not reply to me -- contact Graeme Cheadle at anardil@....

      Hope you're all well!

      From: "Graeme Cheadle" <anardil@...>
      From: "Graeme Cheadle" <anardil@...>
      To: ISFIT-L@..., pwb-net@yahoogroups.com, PTI@..., youngsietar@yahoogroups.com, PJM9981@..., sencob5@..., RUBER@..., Christian.Bianco@..., wojciech.wagner@..., selinenkov@..., happymie@..., hey_liko@..., diva_tna@..., sara_margaryan@..., JohnnyMcKeever@..., ninimima@..., ANDR03@..., L-SANDRA@..., rdamulira@..., Helena@..., asya8@..., mussanzi@..., natalliap@..., oveztm@..., liana_mel@...
      Subject: [Young SIETAR] Question...
      Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 23:53:08 -0400

      Hi everyone,

      Apologies to anyone who gets this on more than one list.

      I am currently involved with a non-profit organization called the Children's
      Peace Theater, which teaches children and adults concepts of peace and
      non-violence through theater and the arts. The program has achieved a lot of
      acclaim and attention locally, and was even invited to perform at the UN in
      New York in 2001. It is currently undergoing a growth phase and would like
      to expand its activities internationally in the near future, by connecting
      with similar groups around the world for collaboration and cultural

      I am interested to know if anyone has any information on similar programs in
      other countries, or knows of any individuals/organizations that may be
      interested in participating in exchange programs or information sharing.
      This can include a wide variety of groups, focusing on but not exclusive to
      youth, and which may include non-violence organizations, interculturalists,
      teachers/education workers, theater and other arts groups, NGOs, or just
      interested individuals. If anyone has any information, please let me know.

      Kristen Cheney
      Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology
      University of California at Santa Cruz
      Social Sciences I Faculty Services