Food for thought

  • paulpc1
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 26, 2003
      (1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad
      guy.

      (2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right things,
      keep this in mind: the UN has Libya heading the Committee on Human
      Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your own
      math here.

      (3) If you use a Google or Yahoo search and type in "French Military
      Victories," don't be surprised if your computer panics at its
      inability to respond to your inquiry.

      (4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No War For Oil," hire a pit bull
      lawyer and sue your school district for having allowed you to slip
      through the cracks and robbing you of the minimum education that any
      non-troglodyte deserves.

      (5) You can take this one to the bank: Saddam and bin Laden will NOT
      seek UN approval before they try to kill us.

      (6) Despite common belief among some, Martin Sheen is NOT the
      President. He only plays one on TV.

      (7) If you are anti-war and even an outright "America Basher," to bin
      Laden you are still an "infidel" whom he wants dead.

      (8) Be careful: if you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but
      not in the danger that Hussein poses, the only job you may be able to
      get is as an Ivy League college professor.

      (9) Even multi-culturalists who try to browbeat us into believing
      that all cultures are equally deserving of respect have trouble
      explaining the past 500 years of Islam.

      (10) Whether you are for or against military action, our young men
      and women overseas are fighting to defend our right to speak out on
      these issues. They deserve our unreserved support. I hope this helps.
    • Holland, Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 26, 2003
        (10) Whether you are for or against military action, our young men
        and women overseas are fighting to defend our right to speak out on
        these issues. They deserve our unreserved support. I hope this helps.

        Lord, how I loathe this argument. "Listen you lefty pinko punk, we're out here busting hump to preserve your right to speak your mind, and here you are actually trying to *DO* that! What the hell is wrong with you?"

        Mark
      • Ken Shockley
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2003
          RE: [ujeni] Food for thought
          Mark, I agree with you wholeheartedly.  And I commend you on your restraint.  Let me add, though, that this sort of contrast,

          (1) Between President Bush and Saddam Hussein ... Hussein is the bad
          guy.

          straightforwardly, and perhaps intentionally, misses the point.  No one doubts that Hussein is a bad guy, not even Michael Moore (what WAS he thinking?).  However, Hussein's badness does not of itself vindicate actions against him, his regime, the (formerly) sovereign state of Iraq, or the people of Iraq.

          Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2003
            I will take one form the top, one from the midle and one from the bottom
            with which I agree, with which I disagree and with with I am of no opinion
            at all.