Please sign emergency petition to the U.N.

  • Kristen E Cheney
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2003
      Dear friend,

      I'm hoping you can join me on an emergency petition from
      citizens around the world to the U.N. Security Council. The
      petition's going to be delivered to the 15 member states of
      the Security Council on THURSDAY, MARCH 6.

      If hundreds of thousands of us sign, it could be an enormously
      important and powerful message -- people from all over the
      world joining in a single call for a peaceful solution. But
      we really need everyone who agrees to sign up today. You can
      do so easily and quickly at:

      http://www.moveon.org/emergency/

      The stakes couldn't really be much higher. A war with Iraq
      could kill tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians and inflame
      the Middle East. According to current plans, it would require
      an American occupation of the country for years to come. And
      it could escalate in ways that are horrifying to imagine.

      We can stop this tragedy from unfolding. But we need to speak
      together, and we need to do so now. Let's show the Security
      Council what world citizens think.

      Thank you,

      Kristen Cheney
      Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology