FW: NY Times ad

  • Bell, Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24 5:12 AM

      FYI.

      Elizabeth Bell, MPH

      STOP Activity Unit

      Polio Eradication Branch

      Global Immunization Division

      From: Collin Tong [mailto:collintong@...]
      Sent:
      Friday, February 14, 2003 9:27 PM
      To: rpcvnf@...
      Subject: NY Times ad

      Dear RPCV friends:

      Returned Peace Corps Volunteers for a Better World, a national coalition of RPCVs, plans to run two consecutive half-page ads in the New York Times expressing our concern and opposition to current plans for war with Iraq

      To see the ad click on: http://epic-usa.org/PeaceCorpAd

      Each standby ad will cost $23,700 to run. Already, weve submitted the first ad to the New York Times this week. It will run on the first available date.

      Because of the large numbers of RPCVs who have responded to our appeal and continue to support this campaign with their generous donations, we are now enlisting your support to raise additional funds to the second ad. That ad will run the first week of March.

      Publishing two consecutive half-page ads in the New York Times accomplishes two objectives: first, it will enable us to include the names of all the RPCVs who have donated and signed in support of our statement. And second, it will increase the impact of the message.

      Our sincere thanks to you again for your many e-mail messages of support. Without your donations and, more importantly, the courage of your convictions, this campaign would not be possible. Our sincere thanks again for your support.

      Best wishes,
      Collin Tong

      RPCV Thailand (1968-69)