Re: Attn: Rey Sampaga

  • reysampaga <rsampaga@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
      Hi Don,
      You betcha. We plan on going there in about three or four years. If
      he and Gigi are still there we'll probably hook him up with our
      celebrations. Though, we'll also probably be bringing him back
      some "balikbayan" stuff from the states. Ask Paul what that means.
      Better yet, have Paul ask Gigi.
      As for Karl, I'm not surprised he feels that way. My sister lived in
      the bay area for 19 years (wait, she still lives there) and there are
      only two ways to define "boonies": (1)wherever the BART lines ends
      and (2)everything east of Livermore and south of Palo Alto.
      There's probably no changing his mind. My sister certainly will
      never change her mind and she WAS raised in L.A.
      As for the invite, Thank you. We certainly will be taking you up on
      it. See you and Take Care.
      --Rey

      --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Weber" <weber@e...> wrote:
      > So Rey, Paul should inspire you to leave the wilds of Albuquerque
      for a little outing to your roots. When you get through visiting your
      relatives, latch on to Paul so he can wine and dine you before he
      breaks out one of his goofy videos, i.e. ( The Tomato That Ate
      Philadelphia or Teen Age Mutant Ninja from Outer Space). It will take
      you back to Lilongwe and Paul's classic collection of movies at his
      house.

      > By the way, Karl Klemmeck is now settled in his new job and house
      in Merced and we keep trying to convince him we are a civilized bunch
      here in the Central Valley of California. I think he feels he's moved
      to the "outback" even though we are only a couple hours away from the
      Bay Area and his roots.

      > Just think, now a visit to Yosemite can include side trips to the
      Weber's and Klemmeck, though I didn't get his permission to extend
      his part of the invitation. Now Rey, get working on your itinerary.
      Don
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
        If I recall correctly, some of our elder volunteers liked Barbed Wire with
        Pam Anderson...

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
          There was also that wonderful kung fu movie where the lip synching
          was three seconds behind the action.