Attn: Rey Sampaga

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
      So Rey, Paul should inspire you to leave the wilds of Albuquerque for a little outing to your roots. When you get through visiting your relatives, latch on to Paul so he can wine and dine you before he breaks out one of his goofy videos, i.e. ( The Tomato That Ate Philadelphia or Teen Age Mutant Ninja from Outer Space). It will take you back to Lilongwe and Paul's classic collection of movies at his house.

      By the way, Karl Klemmeck is now settled in his new job and house in Merced and we keep trying to convince him we are a civilized bunch here in the Central Valley of California. I think he feels he's moved to the "outback" even though we are only a couple hours away from the Bay Area and his roots.

      Just think, now a visit to Yosemite can include side trips to the Weber's and Klemmeck, though I didn't get his permission to extend his part of the invitation. Now Rey, get working on your itinerary.  Don
    • reysampaga <rsampaga@comcast.net>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
        Hi Don,
        You betcha. We plan on going there in about three or four years. If
        he and Gigi are still there we'll probably hook him up with our
        celebrations. Though, we'll also probably be bringing him back
        some "balikbayan" stuff from the states. Ask Paul what that means.
        Better yet, have Paul ask Gigi.
        As for Karl, I'm not surprised he feels that way. My sister lived in
        the bay area for 19 years (wait, she still lives there) and there are
        only two ways to define "boonies": (1)wherever the BART lines ends
        and (2)everything east of Livermore and south of Palo Alto.
        There's probably no changing his mind. My sister certainly will
        never change her mind and she WAS raised in L.A.
        As for the invite, Thank you. We certainly will be taking you up on
        it. See you and Take Care.
        --Rey

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2003
          If I recall correctly, some of our elder volunteers liked Barbed Wire with
          Pam Anderson...

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2003
            There was also that wonderful kung fu movie where the lip synching
            was three seconds behind the action.