Fw:

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2003
      I received the email below as if this were in fact a "war" opinion line but
      it is a general opinion line for the White House about any issue. I found
      that out when I called. I didn't have to wait long to get a very nice, real
      voice operator. It was a good experience and I will use it again for other
      issues. Thought others of you who might not know this opinion line exists
      would have a use for it at some time. Cathy
      ______________________

      >Subject: Fwd: White House "war" line - PLEASE CALL THIS WEEK!
      >
      >White House Opinion Line: (202) 456-1111
      >
      >The Bush White House has an "opinion" line for you to call about
      >whether you oppose or approve of the proposed war in Iraq. The line
      >only accepts calls from 9 - 5 EST., Monday through Friday. Just call
      >the White House at 202-456-1111. A machine will detain you for only a
      >moment and then a pleasant live operator will thank you for saying "I
      >oppose" or "I approve". It will only take minutes. They ask you what
      >state you are from and then ask for your comment.
      >
      >Note that the weekends are closed for calls. The president has said
      >that he wants to know what the American people are thinking. Let him
      >know. Time is running out. Then please forward this e-mail to anyone
      >who might want to make a difference.
      >
      >Tell them what you think: 1 PHONE CALL EQUALS 10-20 PEOPLE WHO
      >DIDN'T CALL, PLEASE PASS ON TO FRIENDS.

      >--0-1813858015-1042471120=:68642
      >
      ><FONT face="Times New Roman">We've called before -- Now is the time to call
      again, because the tide is turning!  Forward to as many people as
      possible!!<BR><BR>---------- Forwarded Message ----------<BR><BR>Subject:
      Fwd: White House "war" line - PLEASE CALL THIS WEEK!<BR><BR>White House
      Opinion Line: (202) 456-1111<BR><BR>The Bush White House has an "opinion"
      line for you to call about<BR>whether you oppose or approve of the proposed
      war in Iraq.  The line<BR>only accepts calls from 9 - 5 EST., Monday
      through Friday.  Just call<BR>the White House at 202-456-1111.  A
      machine will detain you for only a<BR>moment and then a pleasant live
      operator will thank you for saying "I<BR>oppose" or "I approve". It will
      only take minutes.  They ask you what<BR>state you are from and then
      ask for your comment.<BR><BR>Note that the weekends are closed for
      calls.  The president has said<BR>that he wants to know what the
      American people are thinking.  Let him<BR>know. Time is running
      out.  Then please forward this e-mail to anyone<BR>who might want to
      make a difference.<BR><BR>Tell them what you think: 1 PHONE CALL EQUALS
      10-20 PEOPLE WHO<BR>DIDN'T CALL, PLEASE PASS ON TO FRIENDS.</FONT><p><br><hr
      size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
      ><a
      href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Yahoo!
      Mail Plus</a> - Powerful. Affordable. <a
      href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mail/mailsig/*http://mailplus.yahoo.com">Sign up
      now</a>