Re: USA Today

  • Felix Edwards
    Message 1 of 9 , May 6, 1999
      Much as I hate to agree with Debrauw I will be unsubscribing too, this was just
      meant as a joke between myself and Alan and initially I had intended to send it
      to him directly but for some reason it got bumped to the list. If people are
      offended by these facile comments then this is obviously not a list that I should
      be on.
      Cheers,
      Felix

      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 1999
        To put in my two tambala's worth, Rand, I don't think you over-reacted at all. Felix's grand entrance to the list yesterday was attention-getting, to say the least. I would prefer those sorts of messages remain between the people involved, unless of course, someone is making fun of Dever. :)

        christine

        From: "Raymond R. Wise" <wiserd@...>

        Hello everyone,

        Sorry if I over-reacted (did I?).

        Alan, I do see the humor, but this list is not the place for it. I think I
        speak for the majority of the subscribers when I say that we want to be able
        to post items without fear of being belittled. It is not what a community
        is about. Someone said that the health and wealth of a community should be
        measured by how its members treat the weakest and meekest among them. Let's
        try to live up to that. I don't mind erring on the side of alienating
        vulgar bullies.

        Alan if you want to start an email list with the express intent of being
        rude to each other, that is fine. It is simple to start a list. Heck,
        maybe I'd join it.

        Rand

        Rand & Deb Wise
        2784 Mt. Olive Drive
        Decatur, GA 30033

        wiserd@...
        (404) 327-5765

        "When my friend told me he found Jesus, I thought, "Yippie! We're going to
        be rich!", but then it turned out to be something different." -Jack Handy

        Join the Star Wars craze!
        http://www.onelist.com
        Set up your Star Wars list at ONElist.
      • Paul Dever
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11, 1999
          Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today
          hey, chumbler...at least MY SPA project was finished... : )

          --------------------------------------
          Date: 5/7/99 8:58
          To: Custodian
          From: ujeni@onelist.com
          From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

          From: "Raymond R. Wise" <wiserd@...>

          Hello everyone,

[...]

          [Message ID: -1286054980]
          [Internet header:]
          Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
          From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
          To: ujeni@onelist.com
          Subject: Re: [ujeni] USA Today
        • Paul Dever
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11, 1999
            Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today

            Date: 5/7/99 8:58
            To: Custodian
            From: ujeni@onelist.com
            From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

            Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
            From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
            To: ujeni@onelist.com
          • Paul Dever
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 1999
              Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today

              Date: 5/7/99 8:58
              To: Custodian
              From: ujeni@onelist.com
              From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

              Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
              From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
              To: ujeni@onelist.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 11, 1999
                OK, OK, I got the point. You don't have to send the message three times.

                From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>

                Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today

                Date: 5/7/99 8:58
                To: Custodian
                From: ujeni@onelist.com
                From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

                Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
                From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
                To: ujeni@onelist.com

                Make your voice heard!
                http://www.onelist.com
                Sign up for the ONElist Weekly Survey. Go to homepage for details.