Rey and Robin Sampaga

  • reysampaga <rsampaga@comcast.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2002
      Twas '97 when to America we returned
      A simple life, simple pleasures did we yearn.
      Twas not to be, not meant you see
      For stateside life is complicatedly
      Varied and monied and more possessioned.
      We coped. We bought. We conformationed.

      Albuquerque is where we be.
      She a Teacher, he a P.E.
      Two kids in tow, a girl and a he.
      A home, two cars, and 3 TVs.

      Simply put, life is good.
      Changes there be if we could?
      A bit. A tad smell of burning wood.
      Nsima, nyama, yanja, and soot.

      And still, Malawi is never far.
      South Africa, Kenya, and Zanzibar.
      That's it our friends, We say "good night"
      Merry Christmas to all and "Don't drink and drive."

      -Rey and Robin (Whitaker) Sampaga, Malawi RPCVs 1994-96