Re: USA Today

  • Alan de Brauw
    Message 1 of 9 , May 5, 1999
      I get the message. Obviously, you find no humor in our banter. I'm
      unsubscribing.

      Alan

    • Raymond R. Wise
      Message 2 of 9 , May 6, 1999
        Hello everyone,

        Sorry if I over-reacted (did I?).

        Alan, I do see the humor, but this list is not the place for it. I think I
        speak for the majority of the subscribers when I say that we want to be able
        to post items without fear of being belittled. It is not what a community
        is about. Someone said that the health and wealth of a community should be
        measured by how its members treat the weakest and meekest among them. Let's
        try to live up to that. I don't mind erring on the side of alienating
        vulgar bullies.

        Alan if you want to start an email list with the express intent of being
        rude to each other, that is fine. It is simple to start a list. Heck,
        maybe I'd join it.

        Rand

        Rand & Deb Wise
        2784 Mt. Olive Drive
        Decatur, GA 30033

        wiserd@...
        (404) 327-5765

        "When my friend told me he found Jesus, I thought, "Yippie! We're going to
        be rich!", but then it turned out to be something different." -Jack Handy
      • Felix Edwards
        Message 3 of 9 , May 6, 1999
          Much as I hate to agree with Debrauw I will be unsubscribing too, this was just
          meant as a joke between myself and Alan and initially I had intended to send it
          to him directly but for some reason it got bumped to the list. If people are
          offended by these facile comments then this is obviously not a list that I should
          be on.
          Cheers,
          Felix

          Message 4 of 9 , May 6, 1999
            To put in my two tambala's worth, Rand, I don't think you over-reacted at all. Felix's grand entrance to the list yesterday was attention-getting, to say the least. I would prefer those sorts of messages remain between the people involved, unless of course, someone is making fun of Dever. :)

            christine

            From: "Raymond R. Wise" <wiserd@...>

            Hello everyone,

[...]

            Join the Star Wars craze!
            http://www.onelist.com
            Set up your Star Wars list at ONElist.
          • Paul Dever
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11, 1999
              Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today
              hey, chumbler...at least MY SPA project was finished... : )

              --------------------------------------
              Date: 5/7/99 8:58
              To: Custodian
              From: ujeni@onelist.com
              From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

              From: "Raymond R. Wise" <wiserd@...>

              Hello everyone,

[...]

              [Message ID: -1286054980]
              [Internet header:]
              Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
              From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
              To: ujeni@onelist.com
              Subject: Re: [ujeni] USA Today

                Date: 5/7/99 8:58
                To: Custodian
                From: ujeni@onelist.com
                From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

                Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
                From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
                To: ujeni@onelist.com

                  Date: 5/7/99 8:58
                  To: Custodian
                  From: ujeni@onelist.com
                  From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

                  Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
                  From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
                  To: ujeni@onelist.com
                    OK, OK, I got the point. You don't have to send the message three times.

                    From: "Paul Dever" <pdever@...>

                    Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] USA Today

                    Date: 5/7/99 8:58
                    To: Custodian
                    From: ujeni@onelist.com
                    From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>

                    Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 11:23:22 -0400
                    From: "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...>
                    To: ujeni@onelist.com

                    Make your voice heard!
                    http://www.onelist.com
                    Sign up for the ONElist Weekly Survey. Go to homepage for details.