Re: [ujeni] J, k, l, m!

  • Melanie Kindsfather
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2002

      Hi all,

      I'm not sure how many of the 1997-2000 PCVs are on the ujeni list, but I thought I'd add to the mix:

      I finished my MPH at Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine in May and then did an internship in Guatemala with a great grassroots NGO down there to actually get my degree.  The internship was great: working with idigenous Mayan Indian men who are migrant workers in Guatemala.  We were doing voluntary testing for HIV as well as giving general medical consults to the men and thier families.  It was a great experience and a real eye opener.

      After the internship, I moved up to the Nation's Capital because of a job.  I've only been here for 5 months not, but it's crazy how many RPCVs are up here!  It's like Tulane all over again!  I'm working at POPTECH Project, under a USAID contract.  We help USAID with the technical aspects of monitoring and evaluating and program design on their reproductive health and family planning projects all over the world.  It's been interesting so far.

      It's great to hear everyone's news.  I hope everyone has a blessed holiday season!

      Melanie Kindsfather

      "Although the world is full of suffering,
      it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller

      Do you Yahoo!?