Tana's update

  • Tana Beverwyk-Abouda
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2002

      Even with two last names I managed to miss both of the proper days to give my update�blame it on pregnancy. That�s what I�m up to now- pregnancy. It�s become a bit more complicated than expected so I�m on bed-rest until the baby arrives in January. We discovered it�s a boy at the last ultrasound! Will send photos after the birth, but I�ve attached a picture of Kamel and I enjoying my tummy which now closely resembles that of a manatee.

      We are now living in Pueblo, CO where Kamel is doing his residency in Family Practice and I am working as a health educator doing teenage pregnancy prevention at the Boys and Girls Club/Girls Inc. Love the work and we are really enjoying life in Pueblo. The community is small and warm and welcoming.

      We took an unbelievable trip to Algeria in May. North Africa is exquisite�the food, the sea, the people. So different from Malawi, but still so African. It was a wonderful combination of African and Mediterranean cultures. During our trip I thought I was just eating too much, but it turns out I was pregnant at the time!

      I plan on staying home with the baby for 2-3 months before going back to work (I can take the baby to work with me!) and getting back to teaching aerobics. Love hearing what people are up to...this is a good time to catch me, so call if you get the urge (719) 544-1481. -Tana

      Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure... It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us.  We ask ourselves: Who am I to be brillant, gorgeous, talented, or fabulous?  Well, actually, who are you not to be?"

      -Nelson Mandela