Re: [ujeni] C day, D day

  • erin weah
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
      Hi All,
      Well I was an O- O'Connell 1995-1997, but if I dont do it now I might get
      swept up in the holiday madness and miss my day. I have been married for
      almost three years and just had a little girl, Zoe 6 months ago. She is
      awesome. My husband, George is from Liberia, so I have inherited a huge,
      wonderful African family. I am a nurse manager in an HIV clinic at a
      hospital in Indy. Am due to start a nurse practitioner program in Jan. For
      the last couple of years I have been working with a Malawian, who routinely
      makes sure that I keeep up on Chichewa. Anyway, that life for me...Still
      miss the days of life in the warm heart and of coarse those St. Paddy's Day
      parties in Ntcheu.

      Take care and Happy Holidays,
      Erin Weah
      formally Ellen Oakannel of Ntcheu

      >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
      >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [ujeni] C day, D day
      >Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 04:04:29 +0000
      >
      >D Day...now He was a great Character in that lovable movie "Animal House"
      >

      >Gigi, Whistle and I are alive and well in Manila, where I pump out visas
      >for
      >deserving merchant marines. Gigi is in charge of the special projects that
      >are going on in the Consular Section, and Whistle is growing fat as he sits
      >on the couch in our apartment.
      >
      >We travel a bit now and then, but righ this minute I am occuppied with the
      >Mission Holiday Party for which I volunteered to coordinate. We have some
      >big names arranged for singing and music: Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid,
      >and Tribe of Levi, as well as some actresses like Maui Taylor and Tanya
      >Garcia...
      >
      >Not too far from where we live is a churhch with the patron saint Paul of
      >Nazarene, so I will visit and check iot out on my birthday next month.
      >
      >Drop on by when you all get a chance, or better yet, the next RPCV-Malawi
      >reunion...

    • Daniel Dudley
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
        Dudley here,

        Gertrude, Wendy, Tiamike and I live in Sedona, AZ. I teach math in a
        private boarding school check it out at www.verdevalleyschool.org , I am
        currently pursuing an MBA which is taking all of my evening time (as if I
        have any living at a boarding school). Gertrude is working on an associates
        degree in nursing. Wendy (5) started Kindegarten this year, and Tiamike
        (2.5) just raises hell at home until we can get him to stop making those
        little (not so little) messes in the drawers.

        Gertrude's brother and sister are here at my school on scholarship. It is
        really nice for her to be able to have someone close to talk to.

        Other than that, not much is going on.

        Dan