C day, D day

  • Raymond R. Wise
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
      Hmmmm. Underwhenming response so far. Perhaps just a dorky idea.

      For those of you who don't know what this is, I thought it would be nice to
      get little personal updates about people this holiday season. Done one
      letter a day alphabetically by last names, it wouldn't overload in boxes.
      So, just what is Bertling doing these days?

      Last e about this if there is no response. deb

      Rand, Deb & Benjamin Wise
      2784 Mt. Olive Drive
      Decatur, GA 30033

      Email: rwise.psy88@...
      (404) 327-5765

      "It seemed the world was divided into good and bad people. The good ones
      slept better...while the bad ones seemed to enjoy the waking hours much more."
      - Woody Allen
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2002
        D Day...now He was a great Character in that lovable movie "Animal House"

        Gigi, Whistle and I are alive and well in Manila, where I pump out visas for
        deserving merchant marines. Gigi is in charge of the special projects that
        are going on in the Consular Section, and Whistle is growing fat as he sits
        on the couch in our apartment.

        We travel a bit now and then, but righ this minute I am occuppied with the
        Mission Holiday Party for which I volunteered to coordinate. We have some
        big names arranged for singing and music: Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid,
        and Tribe of Levi, as well as some actresses like Maui Taylor and Tanya
        Garcia...

        Not too far from where we live is a churhch with the patron saint Paul of
        Nazarene, so I will visit and check iot out on my birthday next month.

        Drop on by when you all get a chance, or better yet, the next RPCV-Malawi
        reunion...

      • erin weah
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
          Hi All,
          Well I was an O- O'Connell 1995-1997, but if I dont do it now I might get
          swept up in the holiday madness and miss my day. I have been married for
          almost three years and just had a little girl, Zoe 6 months ago. She is
          awesome. My husband, George is from Liberia, so I have inherited a huge,
          wonderful African family. I am a nurse manager in an HIV clinic at a
          hospital in Indy. Am due to start a nurse practitioner program in Jan. For
          the last couple of years I have been working with a Malawian, who routinely
          makes sure that I keeep up on Chichewa. Anyway, that life for me...Still
          miss the days of life in the warm heart and of coarse those St. Paddy's Day
          parties in Ntcheu.

          Take care and Happy Holidays,
          Erin Weah
          formally Ellen Oakannel of Ntcheu

          >From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
          >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [ujeni] C day, D day
          >Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 04:04:29 +0000
          >
          >D Day...now He was a great Character in that lovable movie "Animal House"
          >

          >Gigi, Whistle and I are alive and well in Manila, where I pump out visas
          >for
          >deserving merchant marines. Gigi is in charge of the special projects that
          >are going on in the Consular Section, and Whistle is growing fat as he sits
          >on the couch in our apartment.
          >
          >We travel a bit now and then, but righ this minute I am occuppied with the
          >Mission Holiday Party for which I volunteered to coordinate. We have some
          >big names arranged for singing and music: Regine Velasquez, Ogie Alcasid,
          >and Tribe of Levi, as well as some actresses like Maui Taylor and Tanya
          >Garcia...
          >
          >Not too far from where we live is a churhch with the patron saint Paul of
          >Nazarene, so I will visit and check iot out on my birthday next month.
          >
          >Drop on by when you all get a chance, or better yet, the next RPCV-Malawi
          >reunion...

        • Daniel Dudley
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2002
            Dudley here,

            Gertrude, Wendy, Tiamike and I live in Sedona, AZ. I teach math in a
            private boarding school check it out at www.verdevalleyschool.org , I am
            currently pursuing an MBA which is taking all of my evening time (as if I
            have any living at a boarding school). Gertrude is working on an associates
            degree in nursing. Wendy (5) started Kindegarten this year, and Tiamike
            (2.5) just raises hell at home until we can get him to stop making those
            little (not so little) messes in the drawers.

            Gertrude's brother and sister are here at my school on scholarship. It is
            really nice for her to be able to have someone close to talk to.

            Other than that, not much is going on.

            Dan