Re: Article in USA Today

  • Alan Debrauw
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5 11:42 AM
      Rand-

      My opinion of you dropped dramatically today when I found out you actually
      read the USA Today. If that's possible.

      And the Peace Corpse would cost a whole lot less if they'd get rid of all
      of the useless bureaucrats. Or at least two-thirds of them.

      Alan

      ***********************************
      Alan de Brauw
      Graduate Student
      Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
      University of California at Davis

      On Wed, 5 May 1999, Rand Wise wrote:

      > From: "Rand Wise" <randwise@...>
      >
      > Moni nonse!
      >
      > There's an article about the Peace Corps in today's (5/5/99) USA Today, page
      > 15A. It's very general, but is pro-Peace Corps. It claims that the annual
      > PC budget costs Americans $1 per person. So who's going around taking money
      > from little children so we can be in Peace Corps?
      >
      > Happy Cinco de Mayo, which reminds me a joke: what do you call 4 matadors in
      > quicksand?
      >

      > Answer: quatro cinco.
      >

      > So long,
      >
      > Rand

      > Attention Star Wars fans!
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > ONElist is the best place for your Star Wars list!

    • Felix Edwards
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5 11:51 AM
        ANd the world would be a better place if you'd just fuck off and die.

        Alan Debrauw wrote:

        > From: Alan Debrauw <debrauw@...>
        >
        > Rand-
        >
        > My opinion of you dropped dramatically today when I found out you actually
        > read the USA Today. If that's possible.
        >
        > And the Peace Corpse would cost a whole lot less if they'd get rid of all
        > of the useless bureaucrats. Or at least two-thirds of them.
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > ***********************************
        > Alan de Brauw
        > Graduate Student
        > Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
        > University of California at Davis
        >
        > On Wed, 5 May 1999, Rand Wise wrote:
        >
        > > From: "Rand Wise" <randwise@...>
        > >
        > > Moni nonse!
        > >
        > > There's an article about the Peace Corps in today's (5/5/99) USA Today, page
        > > 15A. It's very general, but is pro-Peace Corps. It claims that the annual
        > > PC budget costs Americans $1 per person. So who's going around taking money
        > > from little children so we can be in Peace Corps?
        > >
        > > Happy Cinco de Mayo, which reminds me a joke: what do you call 4 matadors in
        > > quicksand?
        > >

        > > Answer: quatro cinco.
        > >

        > > So long,
        > >
        > > Rand

        > > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

        > > Attention Star Wars fans!
        > > http://www.onelist.com
        > > ONElist is the best place for your Star Wars list!

        > The possibilities are endless!
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > ONElist has something for everyone!
      • kym walther
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5 12:32 PM
          Well, now Felix, that wasn't nice, was it?
          there, there

        • booker philip jason
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5 1:11 PM
            Alan et al.

            Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
            readers.

            Jason
          • Alan Debrauw
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5 1:38 PM
              Who the fuck (excuse my French) let Limesuckers use this list???

              I should qualify my earlier statement, Rand. The quality of USA Today is
              a bit higher than any British publications.

              ***********************************

              On Wed, 5 May 1999, booker philip jason wrote:

              > From: booker philip jason <Philip.Booker@...>
              >
              > Alan et al.
              >
              > Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
              > readers.
              >
              > Jason

              > Did you know that
              > http://www.ONElist.com
              > More than 3.5 million people are using ONElist?

            • Felix Edwards
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5 1:53 PM
                Your people were so kind as to let me in (they can be terribly nice which is
                the number one reason that you will never be able to have a real empire, no
                balls), I have been quietly watching your drivelling for the last month and
                felt that this was the best time to lay in with my inestimable opinion.
                As for the quality of journalism, I am sure that if you pooled all your
                journalists together you might be able to get a decent article out of them,
                but from what I have seen I doubt it, illiteracy seems to be yet another one
                of your strengths.
                The Brit

                Alan Debrauw wrote:

                > From: Alan Debrauw <debrauw@...>
                >
                > Who the fuck (excuse my French) let Limesuckers use this list???
                >
                > I should qualify my earlier statement, Rand. The quality of USA Today is
                > a bit higher than any British publications.
                >
                > ***********************************
                > Alan de Brauw
                > Graduate Student
                > Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
                > University of California at Davis
                >
                > On Wed, 5 May 1999, booker philip jason wrote:
                >
                > > From: booker philip jason <Philip.Booker@...>
                > >
                > > Alan et al.
                > >
                > > Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
                > > readers.
                > >
                > > Jason

                > > Did you know that
                > > http://www.ONElist.com
                > > More than 3.5 million people are using ONElist?

                > Did you know ONElist has over 300 Star Wars lists?
                > http://www.onelist.com
                > Join one today!
              • Alan Debrauw
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5 4:19 PM
                  Yeah, maybe we're illiterate, but we sure as hell are richer than you
                  pathetic Brits.

                  Also, we've invented a lot of things your cuntry depends upon, such as
                  computers, the Internet, smut on the Internet, McDonalds and the rest of
                  our cultural imperialism, and nukes to protect you from the
                  Germans. So pipe down.