Malawi Save the Children Job

  • Kristen E Cheney
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2002
      EMERGENCY PROGRAMME MANAGER, MALAWI,

      6 months, £23,521 per annum pro rata, Unaccompanied Status,

      Malawi remains in the grip of a major food shortage that has reached
      crisis-proportion with serious food deficits. The poor harvest, flooding in
      much of the country, massive food price increases and poor management of
      the National Grain Reserve have all contributed to a rapidly deteriorating
      situation. In response we have begun a large-scale food distribution to
      250,000 people in Malawi's Mchinji district and also support health centres
      and nutritional rehabilitation units to assist children under five in
      Mchinji and Salima districts.

      Working with programme staff, local communities, government and NGOs, you
      will be responsible for managing our emergency response. Other
      responsibilities include representing the organisation at external forums,
      the development of narrative and financial reports, donor proposals, and
      effective and appropriate management of staff, finance, staff security and
      supplies and capital assets.

      Additional responsibilities will include maintaining relations with key
      donors and partners, broadening our funding base, review and evaluate
      proposals for emergency response and ensuring that project implementation
      and reporting requirements are adhered to.

      You must have International emergency experience of working in a similar
      context within an INGO, be able to think and plan strategically and
      experience of emergency programme implementation, monitoring, review and
      evaluation. The ability to manage people, resources and finances is as
      essential as managing supporting, supervising, motivating and the team and
      the ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and project
      proposals.

      Urgently Required. Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2002

      DUE TO THE URGENT NATURE OF THIS POST APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED ON A
      DAILY BASIS AND WE MAY APPOINT BEFORE THE CLOSE DATE.

      Please send a comprehensive CV and supporting letter clearly stating the
      job title and quoting the appropriate reference (SCUK/EPM/MAL) to
      EmergencyVacancies@... (Reference: DevNetJobs.org) Alternatively,
      fax + 44 20 77937614 or post to Overseas Personnel Emergencies, Save the
      Children, 17 Grove Lane, London SE5 8RD. Failure to include job reference
      may delay the processing of your application. For information on other post
      and full benefits package, visit our website:
      www.savethechildren.org.uk/vacancies

      Recruitment and selection procedures and checks reflect our commitment to
      protect children from abuse
      Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunities employer.

      Kristen Cheney
      Doctoral Candidate in Anthropology
      University of California at Santa Cruz
      Social Sciences I Faculty Services