Article in USA Today

  • Rand Wise
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 1999
      Moni nonse!

      There's an article about the Peace Corps in today's (5/5/99) USA Today, page
      15A. It's very general, but is pro-Peace Corps. It claims that the annual
      PC budget costs Americans $1 per person. So who's going around taking money
      from little children so we can be in Peace Corps?

      Happy Cinco de Mayo, which reminds me a joke: what do you call 4 matadors in
      quicksand?

      Answer: quatro cinco.

      So long,

      Rand

    • Alan Debrauw
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 1999
        Rand-

        My opinion of you dropped dramatically today when I found out you actually
        read the USA Today. If that's possible.

        And the Peace Corpse would cost a whole lot less if they'd get rid of all
        of the useless bureaucrats. Or at least two-thirds of them.

        Alan

        ***********************************
        Alan de Brauw
        Graduate Student
        Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
        University of California at Davis

        On Wed, 5 May 1999, Rand Wise wrote:

        > From: "Rand Wise" <randwise@...>
        >
        > Moni nonse!
        >
        > There's an article about the Peace Corps in today's (5/5/99) USA Today, page
        > 15A. It's very general, but is pro-Peace Corps. It claims that the annual
        > PC budget costs Americans $1 per person. So who's going around taking money
        > from little children so we can be in Peace Corps?
        >
        > Happy Cinco de Mayo, which reminds me a joke: what do you call 4 matadors in
        > quicksand?
        >

        > Answer: quatro cinco.
        >

        > So long,
        >
        > Rand

        > Attention Star Wars fans!
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > ONElist is the best place for your Star Wars list!

      • Felix Edwards
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 1999
          ANd the world would be a better place if you'd just fuck off and die.

          Alan Debrauw wrote:

          > From: Alan Debrauw <debrauw@...>
          >
          > Rand-
          >
          > My opinion of you dropped dramatically today when I found out you actually
          > read the USA Today. If that's possible.
          >
          > And the Peace Corpse would cost a whole lot less if they'd get rid of all
          > of the useless bureaucrats. Or at least two-thirds of them.
          >
          > Alan
          >
          > ***********************************
          > Alan de Brauw
          > Graduate Student
          > Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
          > University of California at Davis
          >
          > On Wed, 5 May 1999, Rand Wise wrote:
          >
          > > From: "Rand Wise" <randwise@...>
          > >
          > > Moni nonse!
          > >
          > > There's an article about the Peace Corps in today's (5/5/99) USA Today, page
          > > 15A. It's very general, but is pro-Peace Corps. It claims that the annual
          > > PC budget costs Americans $1 per person. So who's going around taking money
          > > from little children so we can be in Peace Corps?
          > >
          > > Happy Cinco de Mayo, which reminds me a joke: what do you call 4 matadors in
          > > quicksand?
          > >

          > > Answer: quatro cinco.
          > >

          > > So long,
          > >
          > > Rand

          > > Get Free Email and Do More On The Web. Visit http://www.msn.com

          > > Attention Star Wars fans!
          > > http://www.onelist.com
          > > ONElist is the best place for your Star Wars list!

          > The possibilities are endless!
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > ONElist has something for everyone!
        • kym walther
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 1999
            Well, now Felix, that wasn't nice, was it?
            there, there

          • booker philip jason
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 1999
              Alan et al.

              Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
              readers.

              Jason
            • Alan Debrauw
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 1999
                Who the fuck (excuse my French) let Limesuckers use this list???

                I should qualify my earlier statement, Rand. The quality of USA Today is
                a bit higher than any British publications.

                ***********************************

                On Wed, 5 May 1999, booker philip jason wrote:

                > From: booker philip jason <Philip.Booker@...>
                >
                > Alan et al.
                >
                > Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
                > readers.
                >
                > Jason

                > Did you know that
                > http://www.ONElist.com
                > More than 3.5 million people are using ONElist?

              • Felix Edwards
                Message 7 of 8 , May 5, 1999
                  Your people were so kind as to let me in (they can be terribly nice which is
                  the number one reason that you will never be able to have a real empire, no
                  balls), I have been quietly watching your drivelling for the last month and
                  felt that this was the best time to lay in with my inestimable opinion.
                  As for the quality of journalism, I am sure that if you pooled all your
                  journalists together you might be able to get a decent article out of them,
                  but from what I have seen I doubt it, illiteracy seems to be yet another one
                  of your strengths.
                  The Brit

                  Alan Debrauw wrote:

                  > From: Alan Debrauw <debrauw@...>
                  >
                  > Who the fuck (excuse my French) let Limesuckers use this list???
                  >
                  > I should qualify my earlier statement, Rand. The quality of USA Today is
                  > a bit higher than any British publications.
                  >
                  > ***********************************
                  > Alan de Brauw
                  > Graduate Student
                  > Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics
                  > University of California at Davis
                  >
                  > On Wed, 5 May 1999, booker philip jason wrote:
                  >
                  > > From: booker philip jason <Philip.Booker@...>
                  > >
                  > > Alan et al.
                  > >
                  > > Wow--some pretty upset people. I didn't realize USA Today had so many
                  > > readers.
                  > >
                  > > Jason

                  > > Did you know that
                  > > http://www.ONElist.com
                  > > More than 3.5 million people are using ONElist?

                  > Did you know ONElist has over 300 Star Wars lists?
                  > http://www.onelist.com
                  > Join one today!
                • Alan Debrauw
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 5, 1999
                    Yeah, maybe we're illiterate, but we sure as hell are richer than you
                    pathetic Brits.

                    Also, we've invented a lot of things your cuntry depends upon, such as
                    computers, the Internet, smut on the Internet, McDonalds and the rest of
                    our cultural imperialism, and nukes to protect you from the
                    Germans. So pipe down.