Re: [ujeni] A letter from Japan

  • Daniel Dudley
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 24, 2002
      I know that some of the artillery (particularly anti-tank) rounds are tipped
      with this substance for better penetration. I don't know of anything beyond
      this.

      Dan

    • Raymond R. Wise
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 26, 2002
        For more, see the website of the International Action Center, founded by
        former US Attorney General Ramsey Clark:

        http://www.iacenter.org/

        or, Clark's book "The Fire This Time: US War Crimes in the Gulf". Clark
        examines not only the use of DU weapons, but also the implementation of the
        sanctions within the context of international law.

        Here is some background info on depleted uranium (which was also used
        extensively in the bombing of Kosovo -- anyone know if it was/is being used
        in Afghanistan?):

        http://www.iacenter.org/depleted/duupdate.htm

        http://www.iacenter.org/depleted/metal_leftbooks.htm

        P. S., here's an account of Tony Blair's dossier on Iraq that didn't show up
        in my local newspaper:

        http://www.iacenter.org/iraq_blair.htm

        Rand

        >24 September 2002<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Dear ujeni folks,<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Here is something a little different and in my case something I did not<BR>
        >know before.  Depleted Uranium (DU, Uranium 238) was used as a weapon
        in<BR>
        >the gulf war. Is it true?<BR>
        ><BR>
        >The author is Yumi Kikuchi, a Japanese subscriber to one the yahoo<BR>
        >groups to which I also subscribe.<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Y'all take care,<BR>
        ><BR>
        >Vyrle Owens<BR>
      • Vyrle Owens
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 27, 2002

          Dear Rand,

          Thanks for the link. I found it useful in my study and thinking.

          Vyrle

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 27, 2002

            Dear Dan,

            I guess there is more to the story than I thought.

            Anyway, I have certainly enjoyed the pictures of your family from time
            to time as well as your various insights on life and living. Looking
            forward to more pictures.

            Vyrle

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 27, 2002

              Dear John,

              It is really nice to hear from you. I very much enjoyed you last
              treatise (28 pages I believe, when printed) and look forward to more.
              It occupies a space in my book of memories next to the East Timor
              ramblings of Karl Klemmick. Who needs newspapers with you guys out
              there facing the heat and telling about it?

              Congratulations on the engagement/marriage decision. We just received a
              note from Rob Bruner that he and his wife wedded at the Rim of the Grand
              Canyon. It just might be easiest to get married and then send everyone
              the announcement that it happened. As the bride at a wedding reception
              we attended last month said, "It is my and my husband's wedding. This
              is my mother's party. Enjoy the party, we are off."

              I think she might be on to something.

              Do stay well,

              Vyrle