Re: Banquet

  • Raymond R. Wise
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 1999
      Let's play it by ear. We'll round up the dough at the last moment, or maybe
      the majority don't want a banquet, which is fine too. Maybe we'll just be
      socializing poolside with GTs.

      Rand

      At 12:49 AM 5/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
      >Well, we only got about half the money we needed to secure the room at
      >the banquet center, so it's out of my hands. I'll just let Michael from
      >the Convention Center call me rather than me calling him. Maybe he won't
      >notice we've exceeded our deposit deadline.
      >
      >Kristen
    • Kenneth E. Shockley
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 1999
        All,

        I'd like to cast my vote against the banquet. It seems to me that it
        will be (a) a pain in the ass (b) somewhat expensive (many of us are
        destitute and hoping for divine intervention to pay for this extravaganza)
        and (c) way too structured and organized for anything related to Peace
        Corps. And as for the DJ thingy- it seems like a colossal waste of money,
        and I don't see how it could not be pathetic and/or terminally kitchy
        (sp?). I will prefer to spend my time sunning my pale body under
        artificial light pool side with a GT in hand.

        -Ken

        Kenneth Shockley
        Department of Philosophy
        Campus Box 1073
        Washington University
        St. Louis, MO 63130

        "Some books should not be set aside lightly, they should be hurled with
        great force."

        - Virginia Woolf