Re: Fw: Corn is King

  • emmanuel_afraka
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2002
      Speaking of corn, does any member of this group know Dr. Cheyembekaza
      of Lilongwe? He went to school here in the Uniter States. At one
      time he was married to a Black American girl by the name of Andrea,
      who was a friend of my mother. Dr. Cheyembekaza was a biology and
      agriculture major. He was supposed to be working on the development
      of a drought-resistent and pest-resistent peanut. I'd like to know
      how he came out.

      Emmanuel Afraka

      --- In ujeni@y..., sgeibel@n... wrote:
      > I just looked at the artical below... I thought only Malawians were
      dependent on maize... and I thought that dropping maize subsidies
      were important to opening a free market economy... lets drop all US
      subsidies, then force the corn farmers who go out of business to join
      the Peace Corps and teach their trade, then Malawi can thrive and
      reintroduce maize subsidies and be just like us... and as part of
      this program we can require the farmers to buy only fertilizer per US
      govt. guidelines, therefore bringing a lot back home to our
      economy... hey, I sound like an expatriate!- Scott