New Nordin!

  • Kristof & Stacia Nordin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
      Hello all,

      We're extremely happy to be able to tell you of the birth of our daughter, Khalidwe Zikani Nordin.  Pronounced Kah-lee-dway (which roughly translates into the positive traits or characteristics of an individual) Zee-kah-nee (which means "strongly rooted") and Nor-deen (which means "deranged Norwegian-Prussian").

      Khalidwe was born on August 1st at a mission hospital in Nkhoma, Malawi (South of Lilongwe).  Stacia was in her 43rd week, so it was advised that we induce the labor.  On July 31st she started labor which lasted for 16 hours, after which it was determined that the baby liked it better inside than out (who can blame her?) and Stacia was sent for a Caesarean Section.  The C-section birth went well and Khalidwe was brought into the world at 3:30pm.  She weighed 3.4kg's (about 7.5 pounds) and was 59cm (22in) long.

      Stacia and I remained at the hospital until Aug. 5th and then got the OK to go home.  Since then we've been unpacking, organizing, and changing nappies. Stacia's doing great!  Still a bit sore but moving about without too much trouble.  Khalidwe has been really good natured (living up to her name), at least so far.  And I'm enjoying being a dad.  We will both be taking a bit of time off of work to get used to the new roles and responsibilities of parenthood and working in our garden to relax.

      Hope this finds you all as happy as we are!

      Kristof, Stacia & Khalidwe
    • Daniel Dudley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2002
        Congratulations!!!! Do you have a digital camera, i would like to see
        pictures soon.

        BTW You have a loo-loo of a mailing list.

        Dan and Gertrude Dudley